Do you think your life is a big mess? Your problems are never-ending? Friends are pulling away from you? You are always mentally exhausted and don’t know what to do? It’s time to realize you have very negative energy.
A lot of people have negative energy, but they hardly realize it. And keep blaming others for their problems and worries, which in turn increases the negative energy in your life.
This post discusses the reasons you have negative energy and simple methods to reverse it.
1. Your only motto is to prove yourself right
Do you always want to be right whether it is a debate about – legalizing the ban on smoking in public spaces or something casual like – social media is good or bad or something very silly like – fresh pasta is better than dried? Do you always want to win all the time?
If yes, then you have a fragile ego or some sort of insecurity or fear that society will perceive you in the wrong way. In short, you are not coming from the place of power! Not accepting and acknowledging differences in opinions makes you a close-minded person, fueling negative energy, anger, and anxiety.
Tips to stop trying to win all the time
- Identify from where your need to be right coming from – trauma, repressed memories, abuse, etc.
- Acknowledge when you are wrong to get rid of negative energy
- Explore other people’s opinions and follow their lead on purpose.
- Work on social skills
- Strengthen your solar plexus chakra (which controls our feelings about the world around us) through yoga, exercises, and letting go of bad memories.
2. You are unable to quit the blame game
Do you constantly blame others? Whether it is the loss of your job or break up with your lover or your defective smartphone? Blaming others doesn’t solve your problem, but increases the negative energy so much that your mind is programmed to always find faults in others. You live in denial that you are on the right path, fail to correct your mistakes, and remain stuck in life.
Tips to stop blaming others
- Increase your self-awareness, know your weaknesses and you will stop blaming others.
- Forgive yourself and others to clear negative energy from your mind.
- Show deep gratitude for all the good things in your life.
- Open your heart chakra (individual’s center of compassion, empathy, love, and forgiveness) by repeating positive affirmations like – “I feel gratitude for all that I have been through.” This practice will help you find true healing.
3. You have next level mood swings
Rapid mood changes include watching your favorite comedy movie and laughing out loud to feeling low and anxious at the very next moment. When your emotions are out of control, you tend to boost and amplify negative energy. You will tend to have problems with everything and everyone around you. And people will perceive you as a low-spirited person.
How to fix your mood swings?
- Engage in physical activities like walking, yoga, exercises.
- Maintain a healthy sleep cycle and diet.
- Practice calming activities like meditation.
- Express your feelings in a creative way like Mandala, Abstract art, or anything.
- Verbalize your feeling to near and dear ones or close buddies.
- Recall a sad memory and gently tap the middle of your chest and say to yourself, “All is well.” This will restore and enhance positive energy, and help you deal with reactions to negative experiences.
4. You have a habit of ruminating
Rumination is known as a “silent” mental health problem. It’s a tendency to consider or examine attentively or deliberately something in one’s thoughts again and again without any conclusion or rapt absorption.
You are ruminating if you constantly think (consciously or unconsciously) about the person who bullied you in high school five years ago or abuse by your partner when you were in a relationship or that one bad decision that caused an immense loss in business and so on.