13) You demand excessive validation and attention
If you are not secure in yourself and seek attention and validation from your partner for petty things, you are just acting like a toxic codependent partner and not like a mature interdependent adult.
In a healthy and mature relationship, two interdependent adults come together who take responsibility for their own feelings actions and well being and do not expect their partner to do these things for them.
Related Video: 12 Red Flags You Are Being Psychologically Manipulated
Become a Contributor at The Minds Journal
You may also like
- 6 Diversion Tactics Used By Sociopaths, Narcissists and Psychopaths to Manipulate You Into Silence
- Eight Mental Abuse Tactics to watch out for
- Dealing With A Passive-Aggressive Partner
- The Dark Triad Traits and How to Protect Yourself
- How and Why Narcissists Try to Destroy You With Circular Conversations