63 Things Narcissistic Mothers Say
Do narcissistic parents have a handbook? You might think so when you hear what I’m going to share with you today. After a poll of the SPANily Support Group for Adult Children of Narcissistic Parents, I’ve compiled a list of the most commonly used phrases by narcissistic mothers.
Things narcissistic mothers say when you’ve made a choice they don’t agree with
1. You only did that to hurt me!
2. You’re so ungrateful.
3. You never stop to think.
4. You are SO selfish!
5. This is never going to work.
Things narcissistic mothers say when you’re upset or crying about something and they are annoyed by your emotions, which they feel are not real or relevant.
1. Get over it.
2. You’re so dramatic.
3. I’ll give you something to cry about.
4. I told you so.
5. Why do things always affect you more than other people?
6. These are the choices that you have made.
Things narcissistic mothers say when you attempt to confront them about anything
1. What is wrong with you? You’re making too much out of nothing.
2. I never did that, you are just sensitive, I don’t remember it that way.
3. I don’t care.
Things narcissistic mothers say when you have proved them wrong or have a different opinion than they do
1. You think you’re SO smart!
2. I have no idea what you’re talking about.
3. Who told you that? You’re so gullible; you can’t believe everything people say.
Things narcissistic mothers say when you question their authority
1. Don’t you dare look at me like that?
2. Get that look off your face before I slap it off.
3. Who do you think you are?
4. How DARE you question me?
Things narcissistic mothers say when they’re guilt-tripping you
1. I will die without you.
2. You’re breaking my heart.
3. You are the reason your father and I divorced.
4. You only care about yourself.
5. I’ve given up my whole life for you!
6. You owe me this (because I gave you life)
7. I’m the only one who will ever really love you.
8. You’re ungrateful.