“I don’t care what you think unless it is about me.”
― Kurt Cobain.
Narcissists are the most difficult peoples to live with and deal with. They are selfish, uncaring and manipulative. What they want from everything and everyone is something which will benefit them. While narcissism is definitely a harmful personality trait for the narcissist, it also causes tremendous damage to the person living with the narcissist.
Do you have a narcissist partner or a family member or a relative? Well, then life is definitely a rougher ride for you. You need to understand few harsh truths, there are certain things a narcissist will never do for you because they can never change no matter how hard you try.
9 Things A Narcissist Will Never Do For You (or Anyone Else)
(1) They will not bother about your problems:
The problems you are having are yours. Why would then they bother about it? If you think you need them for support, then just forget it. Even if they are involved in the problem, they will avoid it or might even make it difficult for you blaming you are the one who is responsible. Show them one problem and immediately they will relate it to something which is vaguely similar to theirs and back to square one: they will start talking about themselves.
(2) They will not care about how you feel:
Yes, it hurts but not to them. They lack every single bit of empathy. No matter how close you are to them, a narcissist would hardly care. Have they abused you? Well, that’s fine for them. Have they ignored you? That’s because they wanted to. No matter how much you suffer, they wouldn’t simply bother.
(3) They are not sorry for their actions:
Apology? What’s that? It doesn’t exist in their dictionary. If they have done something wrong, then it’s their wish. It’s completely justifiable. No matter how much wrong their actions have been, they will have enough excuses to prove themselves right by manipulating things.
(4) They will not appreciate what you are doing in your life:
You might have a fantastic career but they will never praise you. Rather, they will point out the flaws to make you feel bad, to demoralize you.
(5) They will not appreciate your peers:
A narcissist can’t tolerate the fact that you are praising others. They will never say anything good about your peers. If there’s only one good person in your circle, it has to be them.
(6) They will not make you feel good about yourself:
No matter how good you are a human being, a narcissist will always try to bring you down. They will rather make you feel guilty for your actions and lower your self-esteem.
(7) They will not take responsibility for their own actions:
They have been immature. Who cares? They should not have behaved in a certain way… but who cares? Definitely, not them! In no way, a narcissist will be accountable for their own actions. Rather, they will blame everything on others.
(8) They will not do anything for you:
A narcissist doesn’t understand the meaning of reciprocation. Everything has to be about them. They will not do anything which makes you feel good, which makes you happy. A narcissist will only do things that make them happy.
(9) They will never love you:
A narcissist might claim to love you but that’s fake. A narcissist cannot love anyone but themselves. If they express their love, that will be just to support their stance that they love you. They don’t feel for you. Had they really loved you, they would have done all the things discussed above.
Living with a narcissist will cost you drainage of your emotions. There will be times you will feel angry, frustrated, or depressed. It’s better to live without them than living with them.
You May Also Like:
- Married to a Narcissist? Here’s what you can do!
- The Narcissistic Personality: Understanding Them And Ways To Better Tolerate Them
- The 3 Kinds of Narcissists To Watch Out For and Ways To Deal With Them
- Sleeping with a Monster: 13 Signs That You May Be Sleeping With a Narcissist
- Dealing with Toxic Family Members: Narcissistic Abuse Recovery
- Are You Dating a Narcissist? Here are 7 Warning Signs to help you identify!