50+ Quotes About Stress That Will Help You Calm Down
We’ve collected a number of quotes on stress relief that will give you positive perspectives on your situation to ease your mind and calm your inner being.
Take a deep breath and relax. No matter what may be going on in your life right now, you deserve a sense of peace and tranquility. The countless thoughts that race through your mind all day need to be slowed down and sorted to relieve you from your stress.
Now take another deep breath to release that stubborn stress that rests on your mind. It’s totally normal to be stressed, in fact, it is a major factor that shapes our lives. But as soon as it becomes excessive, that’s when you need to take a step back and think through it instead of rushing it. Your mind may have become cluttered with plenty of unnecessary thoughts and imaginary assumptions that it needs something more soothing and positive to ponder upon.
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered on that. We’ve collected a number of quotes on stress relief that will give you positive perspectives on your situation to ease your mind and calm your inner being.
Related: Overcoming stress is a process that we all need to learn so that it won’t constrain our lifestyle. Here are 8 Self Soothing Techniques to Reduce Stress.
And before you start reading these calming words, here’s a rhythmic breathing exercise that won’t take too much of your time.
Here are 50+ Quotes About Stress That Will Help You Calm Down:
1. “Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles, it takes away today’s peace.” -Anonymous
2. “A diamond is just a piece of charcoal that handled stress exceptionally well.” -Anonymous
3. “The people in your life should be a source of reducing stress, not causing more of it.” -Anonymous
4. “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” – William James
5. “Stress is the inability to tell the difference between what is happening and what you think is happening.” – Anonymous
6. “When you realize how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.” – Buddha
7. “An ignorant state, stress is.” – Yoda
8. “Don’t stress the could haves. If it should have, it would have.” – Anonymous
9. “Gratitude can reduce your stress and anxiety.” – Bree Miller
10. “It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials.” – Bruce Lee
11. “Stress is caused by being ‘here’ but wanting to be ‘there’.” – Eckhart Tolle
12. “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” – Lou Holtz
13. “If the problem can be solved, why worry? If the problem cannot be solved, worrying will do you no good.” – Buddha
14. “If you really want to escape the things that harass you, what you’re needing is not to be in a different place but to be a different person.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
15. ”People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them.” – George Bernard Shaw
16. “Resistance creates suffering. Stress happens when your mind resists what is. The only problem in your life is your mind’s resistance to life as it unfolds. You don’t have to control your thoughts.” – Dan Millman
17. “In times of stress, the best thing we can do for each other is to listen with our ears and our hearts and to be assured that our questions are just as important as our answers.” – Fred Rogers
18. “The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.” – Sydney J. Harris
19. “One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was from a horse master. He told me to go slow to go fast. I think that applies to everything in life. We live as though there aren’t enough hours in the day but if we do each thing calmly and carefully we will get it done quicker and with much less stress.” – Viggo Mortensen