We, on the other hand, have limbic brains; the brain of a mammal that bonds, cares and makes connected family groups. Antisocial psychopaths have what’s known as a reptilian brain; a self-survival brain. There is real trauma when ensnared by a sociopath. We can heal our traumatized brain.
Sociopaths and psychopaths do not genuinely like others or feel part of a group, they have no love for their parents, no love for their children, no love – at all. These parasites can be disarmed before they start.
Sociopaths Brain and Psyche: D.I.Y. Guide to the Inside of the Dark-Dark Noggin
“Ruining people. I love the way the phrase rolls around on my tongue and inside my mouth. Ruining people is delicious.” – M.E. Thomas
Sociopaths’ or the Pathological Predator’s Behaviors Are Identical and Predictable:
- They don’t really tell much about their lives other than highlights of being used or heroic things they’ve done.
- They try to show themselves as humanitarians, or fighters for justice, or do-gooders.
- Surprisingly, they sometimes seem naive.
- They get restless and bored.
- Predators give the impression of being sincere and humble.
- When meeting someone new they want to hear about the other person.
- Agree with us to inspire our trust and feelings of intimacy.
- They create a forced “we” set-up, and create an “us and them” world.
- Go through periods of hyperactivity contrasted with heavy downtime. – There’s a significant reason for this and it isn’t because they have PTSD, are bi-polar or we did something wrong.
There’s Still More: But You Know That Because You’re Recognizing Things:
- Say one thing – then another – on the same topic, contradicting themselves.
- Telltales of being used, victimized, blamed, cheated on, denied access. – Again significant reasons for this. – Understanding why they do what they do heals our trauma.
- Will “play dead” as a joke, and or talk about dying or killing themselves.
- Consistently reveal their true motivations, thoughts and feelings and outlook in bizarre statements.
- Hesitate before responding.; this is to “read us” in order to decide what they need to say.
- Have inappropriate, odd responses in situations that call for emotional empathy.
- We may never see their hidden hedonistic sexual habits and hidden drug use.
- Employment is scarce and short-lived unless they’re in an upper-level profession where work is more sustained but just as fake.
- Sociopaths and psychopaths can have a powerful influence in politics, government, and religious organizations.
- Sociopaths are careless with material possessions and often leave their things behind.
- Some pose as religious and righteous; as new age platitude spouters; yogi pretenders.
- Pathological users often entertain the crowd, or alternately avoid a crowd.
- They can have different sounding voices situation to situation so they almost seem like different people.
- Get super angry over being questioned.
- Some can present as if they are from any economic strata, genderless, with fluid sexuality, can seem a different age, or culture, or character than they are – they’re shape-shifters.
Sociopaths Have Different Brains Than Normal People
“Sociopaths love power. They love winning. If you take loving kindness out of the human brain, there’s not much left except the will to win.” – Martha Stout
National Geographic made an informative video about “antisocial psychopaths” aka “sociopaths” in our midst. Antisocial in this context is a Latin medical terminology referring to their abnormal brains. It’s got nothing to do with being uncomfortable or shy socially. Sociopaths and psychopaths are within this category, but the full-blown psychopath is more focused on the entertainment they feel at other’s pain than on scamming a place to sleep. Watch it here.
We might not all experience all the horrific things a sociopath will do, and say and think, but these behaviors are like breathing to a sociopath:
They Do All This Nasty Stuff: Easy-Peasy: Criminal is Their Normal
A sociopath will: Claim to be a great parent, especially on FB. Steal money or possessions from a spouse, or friend or stranger. Have affairs with married people. Impregnate and abandon. Hide money from a partner. Lie to authorities. “Cheat” while in a relationship. Sociopaths often go for immigration and marriage fraud. Have two phones, or more and keep that as a secret, or pretend they’re for work because they’re so big and important. Never genuinely pay their own way financially… Think about it… Use a different name. Hide where they go, and the things they buy.