Michelle Obama’s quotes are nothing short of magic, are they?
Michelle Obama needs no introduction when it comes to being one of the most influential and well-loved women of this century. Despite being the wife of one of the most popular Presidents of America, she has always held her own and has never let her husband’s designation overshadow her and her personality. Michelle Obama is looked up to by so many women and men alike. She has also worked tirelessly as an advocate for nutrition, education, healthy eating, poverty awareness, and physical activity.
She has truly shown everyone that your gender and race can never be an obstacle, and women can be as successful and strong as men. Smashing all kinds of stereotypes, she has time and again emerged as one of the most inspiring, classy and intelligent women this world has seen.
Just like the strong woman she is, Michelle Obama’s quotes have attained legendary status and serve as inspiration for many people out there.
Here are 50 of Michelle Obama’s quotes, that will make you feel empowered and inspired at the same time:
1 “You should never view your challenges as a disadvantage. Instead, it’s important for you to understand that your experience facing and overcoming adversity is actually one of your biggest advantages.”
2. “If your family doesn’t have much money, I want you to remember that in this country, plenty of folks, including me and my husband. We started out with very little. But with a lot of hard work and a good education, anything is possible—even becoming President. That’s what the American Dream is all about.”
3. “The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.”
4. “When someone is cruel or acts like a bully, you don’t stoop to their level. No, our motto is, when they go low, we go high.”
5. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.”
6. “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the very beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them.”
7. “Do we settle for the world as it is, or do we work for the world as it should be?”
8. “Am I good enough? Yes, I am.”
9. “Your story is what you have, what you will always have. It is something to own.”
10. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. And trust your instincts … good relationships feel good. They feel right. They don’t hurt. They’re not painful. That’s not just with somebody you want to marry, but it’s with the friends that you choose. It’s with the people you surround yourselves with.”
11. “I wake up every morning in a house that was built by slaves. And I watch my daughters, two beautiful, intelligent, black young women playing with their dogs on the White House lawn.”
12. “Everyone on Earth, they’d tell us, was carrying around an unseen history, and that alone deserved some tolerance.”
13. “With every word we utter, with every action we take, we know our kids are watching us. We as parents, are their most important role models.”
14. “Strong men, men who are truly role models, don’t need to put down women to make themselves feel powerful.”
15. “My most important title is “mom-in-chief”. My daughters are still the heart of my heart and the center of my world.”