If you are struggling with life and still trying to make the most of it, then these quotes of Maya Angelou are exactly what you need.
Her famous and encouraging words will not only motivate you, but they will help you find happiness even in a bad day. The renowned and respected poet had a way with words and proudly voiced her opinions about life, love, equality, beauty, success, and self-development.
Why you must read these quotes of Maya Angelou
Maya Angelou was among the most celebrated and beloved authors and poets in the US. Due to her inspirational work, she was awarded several times and was bestowed with more than 50 honorary degrees.
Maya was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2010 by President Barack Obama, one of the highest honors in the country.
She was a well-known civil rights activist who spoke tirelessly for justice, women and black people. Maya Angelou was also the first black female director in Hollywood.
A survivor of racism, violence, and abuse, she participated in the civil rights movement after being inspired by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. The award-winning writer is a reminder about what one woman can achieve and how much impact she can have on the world.
Sadly, Maya Angelou passed away on May 2014. However, her legacy continues through her words and her work.
These 50 Maya Angelou Quotes About Love, Life And Success Will Help You Discover Her Inner Beauty And Her Impact On Our Community Even Today.
1. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
2. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.
3. If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love.
4. You are the sum total of everything you’ve ever seen, heard, eaten, smelled, been told, forgot – it’s all there.
5. Everything influences each of us, and because of that, I try to make sure that my experiences are positive.
6. Nothing will work unless you do.
7. A wise woman wishes to be no one’s enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone’s victim.
8. All great achievements require time.
9. I work very hard, and I play very hard. I’m grateful for life. And I live it – I believe life loves the liver of it. I live it.
10. I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me.
11. I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.
12. I believe that every person is born with talent.
13. You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.
14. Nothing succeeds like success. Get a little success, and then just get a little more.
15. Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
16. If you’re always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be.
17. You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.