79. “Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for.” – Jennifer Lopez
80. “You are more powerful than you know; you are beautiful just as you are.” – Melissa Etheridge
81. “It’s hard not to be a fighter when you’re constantly under siege.” – Cassandra Duffy
82. “You could make a case that, along with the technological revolution, the most provocative upending destabilizing thrilling change in the course of human history is that we’re finally in it. … We’re here now, women are in the world, and we will not be bullied.” – Meryl Streep
83. “Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.” – Emily Dickinson
84. “There’s something about a woman with a loud mind that sits in silence, smiling, knowing she can crush you with the truth.” – R.G. Moon
85. “Women are leaders everywhere you look—from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes.” – Nancy Pelosi
86. “Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.” – Marie Shear
87. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” – Marie Curie
88. “I always wanted to be a femme fatale. Even when I was a young girl, I never really wanted to be a girl. I wanted to be a woman.” – Diane von Furstenberg
89. “Men often ask me, ‘Why are your female characters so paranoid?’ It’s not paranoia. It’s recognition of their situation.” – Margaret Atwood
90. “You deserve to be here. You deserve to exist. You deserve to take up space in this world of men.” – MacKenzi Lee
91. “I hope that my presence on your screen and my face in magazines may lead you young girls on a beautiful journey, that you will feel validation of your external beauty, but also get to the deeper business of being beautiful inside.’ – Lupita Nyong’o
92. “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” – Marissa Mayer
93. “Instead of looking at the past, I put myself ahead twenty years and try to look at what I need to do now in order to get there then.” – Diana Ross
94. “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice.” – Bethany Hamilton
95. “It’s okay if you fall down and lose your spark. Just make sure that when you get back up, you rise as the whole damn fire.” – Colette Werden
96. “She overcame everything that was meant to destroy her.”- Rumi
97. “What’s the greatest lesson a woman should learn? That since day one, she’s already had everything she needs within herself. It’s the world that convinced her she did not.” – Rupi Kaur
98. “Strong back. Soft front. Wild heart. Just be you.” – Brene Brown
99. “She’s everything; even when she’s treated like nothing.” – R.H. Sin
100. “What we women need to do, instead of worrying about what we don’t have is just love what we do have.”- Cameron Diaz
101. “She was a wild one. Always stomping on eggshells that everyone else tip-toed on.” – Kaitlin Foster
And that’s all! Which of these inspirational quotes for international women’s day were your favorites? Which of these quotes about women’s day resonated with you and made you feel empowered? Let us know your thoughts in the comments down below. Happy International Women’s Day, everyone!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is women’s day and why is it celebrated?
International Women’s Day is celebrated every year to recognize the cultural, economic, social, and political achievements of women, and raise awareness about gender equality, women empowerment, and gender parity.
What makes a woman powerful?
Some of the major things that can make a woman powerful are knowing what they want and working hard to achieve it, healthy personal relationships, having enough resources to look after themselves and their family, financial and emotional independence, and being mentally and physically strong.
What is a word for a strong woman who speaks her mind?
Some of the best words to describe a strong woman who speaks her mind are assertive, fearless, feisty, independent, and empowered.