50+ Inspiring Marilyn Monroe Quotes For You To Fall In Love With Life Again
Marilyn Monroe – a name that paints a beautiful picture in your mind instantly. A model, actress, singer, sex symbol and cultural icon whose legacy continues to live on and will live on for the generations to come. She’s known all over the world for her stunning performances as the ‘blonde bombshell’ in a handful of movies from the 1950’s to the early 1960’s.
But beyond the glitz and the glam, many people don’t realize that Marilyn Monroe was more than just the cover girl of Hollywood. She definitely didn’t have the American dream handed to her on a silver platter, although it may seem like it. In fact, she had a very rough childhood, bouncing between different households as an orphan.
Although the world lost her at a young age of 36, her legacy in the entertainment industry still remains. In addition to her talents in singing, acting and modelling, Monroe possessed much depth, intelligence and wisdom – a side of her that wasn’t often portrayed on the big screen. Most of Marilyn Monroe’s quotes are still as relevant as ever and are bound to make you question where you stand in this journey we call life. Having had the best of both worlds, Marilyn Monroe’s quotes come across to us as relatable yet inspiring.
Related : Just like the strong woman she is, Michelle Obama’s quotes have attained legendary status and serve as inspiration for many people out there. Here are 50 of Michelle Obama’s quotes, that will make you feel empowered and inspired at the same time.
Here are 50+ Inspiring Marilyn Monroe Quotes For You To Fall In Love With Life Again:
1. “I’m very definitely a woman and I enjoy it.”
2. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
3. “I always felt insecure and in the way, but most of all I felt scared. I guess I wanted love more than anything else in the world.”
4. “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
5. “Who said nights were for sleep?”
6. “Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn’t that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you.”
7. “A wise girl kisses but doesn’t love, listens but doesn’t believe, and leaves before she is left.”
8. “The most unsatisfactory men are those who pride themselves on their virility and regard sex as if it were some form of athletics at which you can win cups. It is a woman’s spirit and mood a man has to stimulate in order to make sex interesting. The real lover is the man who can thrill you just by touching your head or smiling into your eyes or by just staring into space.”
9. “She was a girl who knew how to be happy even when she was sad. And that’s important—you know ”
10. “It’s far better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone – so far.”