“The important thing is neither your nationality nor the religion you professed, but how your faith translated itself in your life.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Here are some of Eleanor Roosevelt’s most inspiring quotes compiled into 33 Life Lessons to Learn from Eleanor Roosevelt.
1. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
2. Life is a process of becoming.
“In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
3. You grow through experience.
“People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.” ~ Eleanor Roosevel
4. You have to accept whatever comes your way.
“You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
5. Each day comes with new strength and new thoughts.
“With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
6. Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.
“Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
“Do the things that interest you and do them with all your heart. Don’t be concerned about whether people are watching you or criticizing you.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
7. Never turn your back on life.
“Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
8. You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.
“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
9. Anyone can conquer fear by doing the things he fears to do.
“You must do the things you think you cannot do.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
“I believe that anyone can conquer fear by doing the things he fears to do, provided he keeps doing them until he gets a record of successful experience behind him.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
“Do one thing every day that scares you.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
10. Never mistake knowledge for wisdom.
“Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.”
11. Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
12. Great minds discuss ideas. Small minds discuss people.
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
13. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
14. It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.
“It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
15. You can often change your circumstances by changing your attitude.
“You can often change your circumstances by changing your attitude.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
16. It takes courage to love.
“We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
“It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
“The giving of love is an education in itself.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt