Keanu Reeves is an awesome guy. You love him. I love him. The world loves him. And even the internet loves him. If there’s something more popular than Keanu Reeves movies, then it’s his meme’s. And recently after we found out about his new girlfriend Alexandra Grant, everyone on the internet had an “Aww! They’re so cute!” moment.
Although he may be a globally popular movie star and his recent movies like John Wick might be blockbusters, he has lived a hard and difficult life off-screen. However, even after facing repeated heartbreaking experiences, Keanu stood strong and faced life with grace. Today he is considered a Box Office God and internet’s favorite nice guy.
From being broken to inspiring millions
Most of us know all about Keanu Reeves movies like the Bill & Ted franchise, Point Break, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Speed, John Constantine, the highly popular John Wick franchise and the sci-fi cult classic The Matrix trilogy. However, very few of us know about the man, his struggles and his passion for life.
Reeves, 55, has lived a life full of tragedies, more than any Hollywood star should. His father left him and his mother when he was 3 years old. After his parents divorced, his mother got married three more times and he kept moving from country to country and from city to city, changing schools multiple times. Moreover, as he suffered from dyslexia it became even harder for him to complete his education. Eventually, he dropped out of high school without graduating and pursued his interest in acting. However, he is now an avid reader thanks to his determination.
As the world started to fall in love with Keanu Reeves movies, he fell in love with Jennifer Syme in 1998. The next year the couple became pregnant with their daughter but sadly Jennifer gave birth to a stillborn baby girl. The grief from the death of their first-born child devastated the couple and drove them apart leading to a breakup. After 18 months later, in 2001, Jennifer Syme died in a car accident. This greatly affected Keanu who was busy with shooting The Matrix sequels at the time. Unable to cope with the emotional pain, he took a brief hiatus from his career to seek “peace and time” to deal with an unfortunate incident.
Despite all the obstacles and setbacks, Keanu Reeves kept moving forward and became the amazing human being that he is today, both on and off the screen. Not only is he a A-list movie star, Keanu Reeves movies like John Wick trilogy have become a global phenomenon. Off-screen he keeps inspiring millions by living a humble life, taking the subway to work like a normal person, helping numerous people he meets and funding charities anonymously.
Reeves is not only Hollywood royalty but a genuinely great human being we should all look up to.
Best Keanu Reeves quotes about life
Going through great tragedies in life and achieving monumental success in his career, Keanu Reeves has gained a lot of wisdom over the years. His beautiful nature as a human being and how much he has learned from life is very evident from his amazing and inspiring quotes.
Here I have compiled some of my favorite Keanu Reeves quotes about life so that you get an insight into his beautiful and extraordinary mind
Here it goes!
1. The simple act of paying attention can take you a long way.
2. I am not handsome or sexy. Of course, it’s not like I am hopeless.
3. When I don’t feel free and can’t do what I want I just react. I go against it.
4. Falling in love and having a relationship are two different things.
5. I try not to think about my life. I have no life. I need therapy.
6. If you have been brutally broken but still have the courage to be gentle to other living beings, then you’re a badass with a heart of an angel.
7. Grief changes shape but it never ends.
8. The person who was holding me back from my happiness was me.
9. Sometimes we get so caught up in our daily lives that we forget to take the time out to enjoy the beauty in life.
10. If you can make a woman laugh, you’re seeing the most beautiful thing on God’s earth.
11. It’s fun to be hopelessly in love. It’s dangerous, but it’s fun.
12. Art is about trying to find the good in people and making the world a more compassionate place.
13. Every struggle in your life has shaped you into the person you are today. Be thankful for the hard times, they can only make you stronger.
14. When you truly understand karma then you realize you are responsible for everything in your life. It is incredibly empowering to know that your future is in your hands.
15. In my quiet, I was working something out.
16. Sometimes enemies are our best teachers, people can learn from their mistakes, destruction sometimes means rebirth.
17. Even in the face of tragedy, a stellar person can thrive. No matter what’s going on in your life, you can overcome it! Life is worth living.
There you have it.
Straight from the mouth of ‘The Chosen One’ Neo himself!
Today Keanu Reeves is loved by the world and is widely known as the internet’s boyfriend due to his popular memes and viral videos of his random acts of kindness. There is no doubt that he is as cool as he is connected to the people. He stays true to himself and owns his life without making any excuses. It is clear that he has a lot of love for himself and for everyone else he meets as he is very patient, respectful and kind to his fans.
I hope these beautiful quotes from this amazing human being motivates you to overcome your own hardships and inspires you to shine.
Which is your favorite Keanu Reeves quote?
Let me know below.
You May Also Like:
Deep Insightful Quotes By Keanu Reeves About Love and Life
Keanu Reeves Has A Powerful Message For The World
60+ Deep Life Quotes That Will Make You Think
Top 22 Stephen Hawking Quotes and Lessons That Will Inspire You To Think Bigger and Never Get Discouraged In Life
60+ Inspirational Quotes To Motivate You In Life