Here are Bob Marley quotes that inspire millions to love, live and be happy. These quotes are sure to change your perspective on life.
Popular as a world ambassador for reggae music, Bob Marley remains one of the genre’s most beloved artists to this day. In 1963, he along with his group formed the Wailing Wailers and their first single, “Simmer Down,” went to the top of the Jamaican charts in January 1964. In 1972 his contract with Island Records turned out to be his career’s big break. You all know about critically acclaimed Catch a Fire.
The Jamaican singer, musician and songwriter sold more than 20 million records throughout his career and earned the tag of first international superstar to emerge from the so-called Third World. The greatest hits album Legend was released in 1984, and became the best-selling reggae album of all time
Marley was a believer in the Rastafari belief and grew dreadlocks, something new in the Jamaican music. This was the beginning of the whirlpool of change that was to follow. Marley experimented with music not only in terms of themes but also in terms of technicalities. The year 1969 saw the development of a new form of music whose beat was slow and steady and had a ticking rhythm.
With Marley, the use of ska trumpets and saxophones became obsolete and the breaks were being played by the electric guitar. His songs described his life, pain struggles all this in authentic ways that sustain his body of music unlike any other we’ve ever known.
Marley went on with his experimentations, gifting the world some of the biggest hits of the millennium. On the tape, he mixed different sounds and a doo-wop style was featured in Stay With Me. Music was his biggest inspiration and that helped him beat his poverty. Besides fame, success and passion, Marley’s music was meant for something more.
Bob Marley used his music as his weapon to bring peace in this world.
On 3rd December 1976, he and his wife were severely injured in a concert which he had arranged to ease the tension between two political parties. From then on, his music became heavily loaded with political themes like Survival, Zimbabwe, Africa Unite, Wake Up and Live among others. One song that shows his devotion to his faith and his interest in political change is: “War.”
He expressed his empathy and strong support for the Africans and was always voluble about his strong opposition to the Apartheid regime of South Africa. He even got invited to various festivals with a political motif like Amandla Festival in Boston, Zimbabwe’s Independence Day among others.
Bob Marley not only brought a revolutionary change in music but also in the way music can be used for the society. Years after his passing, Marley’s music remains widely acclaimed.
Here We Give You A Collection Of Inspiring Bob Marley Quotes:
1) “Live the life you love. Love the life you live.”
2) “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts.”
3) “I know that I’m not perfect and that I don’t claim to be, so before you point your fingers make sure your hands are clean.”
4) “If she’s amazing, she won’t be easy. If she’s easy, she won’t be amazing. If she’s worth it, you won’t give up. If you give up, you’re not worthy. … Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.”
5) “If you get down and quarrel every day, you’re saying prayers to the devil, I say.”
6) “Live for yourself and you will live in vain; Live for others, and you will live again.”
7) “The biggest coward of a man is to awaken the love of a woman without the intention of loving her.”
8) “She may not be the most popular or prettiest but if you love her and she makes you smile… what else matters?”
9) “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.”
10) “The winds that sometimes take something we love, are the same that bring us something we learn to love.” “Therefore we should not cry about something that was taken from us, but, yes, love what we have been given. Because what is really ours is never gone forever.”
11) “You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it. You say you love sun, but you seek shelter when it is shining. You say you love wind, but when it comes you close your windows. So that’s why I’m scared when you say you love me.”
12) “Just because you are happy it does not mean that the day is perfect but that you have looked beyond its imperfections.”
13) “The most beautiful things are not perfect, they are special”
14) “Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but its everything in between that makes it all worth living.”
15) “Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.”