Do you always prefer to be yourself, never caring about what others might say? If you believe honesty is the best policy, then these genuine people quotes will make an interesting read for you.
“How hurtful it can be to deny one’s true self and live a life of lies just to appease others.”― June Ahern
One might argue that in today’s fast-paced world dominated by social media, one cannot survive without putting on a fake persona.
If you want to stay relevant, you have to pretend to be happy, in love, successful, and in demand. If you want to get ahead, you need to charm people with flattery, if you want to be popular, you have to lead a lavish lifestyle…and so on.
But there are people who still believe in the virtues of honesty and authenticity. They will never pretend to be someone else when they could be the original version of themselves.
It is for these rare authentic people, we bring our collection of hand-picked quotes about genuine people. These Genuine People Quotes will offer you solidarity and boost your morals by reaffirming your faith in an honest way of living.
Anonymous Genuine People Quotes
We believe these quotes about being a genuine person, from famous personalities, as well as people from all walks of life, will help stick to your path of authenticity.
1. “Genuine people are rare. If you can’t find any, be one.”
2. “Being genuine to someone is the best thing you can do.”
3. “May your character preach louder than what you post…”
4. “You can tell when people are truly happy. Their energy is genuine.”
5. “Being genuine stupid is more beautiful for life than being fake intelligent.”
6. “A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus, but a molder of consensus.”
7. “It’s very hard to entertain fake people when you are a genuine, real person. Let them go.”
8. “To me, being successful means being a kind, genuine, good-hearted, open-minded person.”
9. “Never confuse people who are always around you, with people who are always there for you.”
10. “Genuine People: They aren’t attention seekers. Fake People: They are desperate for attention.”
11. “Be genuine. Let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, unique, and beautiful person that you are.”
12. “Genuine people don’t come around too often. If you find somebody real enough to stay true, keep them close.”
13. “I’m very picky with whom I give my energy to. I prefer to reserve my time, intensity, and spirit exclusively to those who reflect sincerity.”
14. “Notice the people who are happy for your happiness, and sad for your sadness. They’re the ones who deserve special places in your heart.”
15. “It takes so much energy to lie. I wish people could grasp the sense of the freedom and liberation that comes with being honest and genuine.”
16. “By being remarkable, being genuine, you can be worth connecting with, and you don’t have to have it figured out perfectly the first time – you can adjust.”
17. “Genuine people are usually straightforward and express their honest opinions openly without any hidden agenda or incentive. What they say is all there is to it.”
18. “Hold on to every genuine person you find. This generation has people driven by ego, money, and status. As a result, good souls are ruined daily. Keep your head up and be conscious of the energy you give out and connect with.”
19. “ The right people, the genuine people, the ones who aren’t merely social acquaintances or convenient friends in life, the ones who will inspire you and challenge you and uplift you, those people will never see you through the lens of your mistakes.”
20. “Look at the mirror if you’re looking for a strong and genuine person who can improve your life’s progress and create a good mood. Yes, nobody will see you to encourage you with more confidence and enthusiasm than yourself else, you are the best man in your life.”
21. “Fake people are only nice when it’s convenient for them or they usually have a hidden agenda. Genuinely nice people go out of their way to help others and they have an honest heart. Stick with the ones who never let you down and keep their promises. You can’t fake that.”
Continue reading to find more genuine people quotes from notable personalities on love, work, and life.
Popular Genuine People Quotes
22. “Nor do we accept, as genuine the person not characterized by this blushing bashfulness, this youthfulness of heart, this sensibility to the sentiment of suavity and self-respect. Modesty is bred of self-reverence. Fine manners are the mantle of fair minds. None are truly great without this ornament.” – Amos Bronson Alcott
23. “I was tired of pretending that I was someone else just to get along with people, just for the sake of having friendships.”― Kurt Cobain
24. “But, you know, I feel more fellowship with the defeated than with saints. Heroism and sanctity don’t really appeal to me, I imagine. What interests me is being a man.”― Albert Camus, The Plague
25. “Ten minutes with a genuine friend is better than years spent with anyone less.”― Crystal Woods, Write Like No One Is Reading
26. “Who you are in public is a test of your conviction; who you are in private, integrity.”― Criss Jami, Healology
27. “It is through the strength of what is genuine that meaningful connections build into relationships.― Michelle Tillis Lederman, 11 Laws of Likability
28. “A true generous heart can never revolve majorly with monetary skills nor business acumen nor cunning mind.”― Angelica Hopes
29. The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life.― William Morris
30. A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.― Martin Luther King, Jr.
31. If your only intent is to be seen, you’ll never be seen. If your intent is to be happy, comfortable, genuine, and true in craft, you’re destined to be noticed.― Doja Cat
32. All emotion is involuntary when genuine.― Mark Twain
33. Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot.― D. H. Lawrence
34. Even an animal, if you show genuine affection, gradually trust develops… If you always showing bad face and beating, how can you develop friendship? ― Dalai Lama
35. There are no shortcuts to genuine friendship. Relationships are built over time.― Rachel Simmons
36. My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring.― Prince William
37. “No legacy is so rich as honesty.”― Shakespeare
38. “Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway.”― Mother Teresa
39. “Hard times arouse an instinctive desire for authenticity.”― Coco Chanel
40. “Be the same person privately, publicly and personally.” ― Judah Smith.
41. “A genuinely happy person is one who has rendered others happy.”― Daisaku Ikeda
42. “When you see the genuine, you don’t deal with the fakes anymore.”― Nima Davani
43. “I’m a genuine person – I will never promote something I don’t believe in.”― Gal Gadot
44. “I’m a very humble person. I don’t rub salt in people’s wounds and I’m genuine.”― Tony Vlachos
45. “Genuine people may hurt you with honesty, but they will comfort you with faithfulness.”― Kholo-u- Mekrisuh
46. “No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.”― W. H. Auden
47. “People need to see the authentic people that are still out there, the genuine people that really care.”― Carmelo Anthony
48. “Sexiness is all about your personality, being genuine and confident, and being a good person.”― Erin Heatherton
49. “I have a lot of respect for genuine people. They might not be perfect, but at least they’re not pretending to be.”― Anthony Gussiardi
50. “In the end, hurting a good person will only hurt you more when you realize not many genuine people exist. You just took a major loss.”― Luis Garcia
51. “It takes so much energy to lie. I wish people could grasp and sense the freedom and liberation which comes with being honest and genuine.”― Mama Zara
52. “I feel sorry for the person who can’t get genuinely excited about his work. Not only will he never be satisfied, but he will never achieve anything worthwhile.”― Walter Chrysler
53. “A person who does not know himself… can not commit to another person. Without being genuine to yourself you are unable to be genuine to anyone else.”― Rebekah Elizabeth Gamble
Want more genuine people quotes? Keep reading to find quotes that advocate honesty in love.
“Genuine People Quotes” On Love
These Genuine People Quotes will remind you why you have to be your authentic self in your relationships.
54. “Love, affection, attention, and validation – These things cannot be controlled or coerced from another. They are given willingly to a genuine person who can meet the needs of the other.”
55. “Love is something that is genuine, delicate and involves care, passion, and attention and is entirely different to gifts, balls, jewels, and circumstances.“
56. The true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality.― Che Guevara
57. Experts on romance say for a happy marriage there has to be more than a passionate love. For a lasting union, they insist, there must be a genuine liking for each other. Which, in my book, is a good definition for friendship.― Marilyn Monroe
58. “With genuine love and compassion, another person’s appearance or behavior has no affect on your attitude.”― Dalai Lama
59. “I love the genuine people who are in my life and make my life amazing. I also love those fake people who left my life and made it even more fantastic.”― Dave Hedges
60. “Love is just such a crucial, wonderful thing, and if you are lucky enough to find somebody who genuinely loves you, grab that person and hold on to that person, and nothing else matters.”― Randall Kennedy
Let’s Get Real
That was all for our genuine people quotes. Hope you found the confirmation and support you were looking for in our genuine person quotes.
If you are a genuine person, you are not only true to people around you, but also you are true to yourself. A real and transparent person does not have to worry about maintaining a fake image and they can live their life on their own terms. But being genuine comes with a price, you have to have strength and integrity to remain true to your convictions, even in the face of peril, threats, or persecution. To say the things you mean and to do the things you say requires great courage. This is why being genuine is a rare character trait but only by being genuine one can forge solid relationships and attain sustainable glory and success.
We hope our pick of quotes about a genuine person, quotes from notable people on authenticity, and quotes on being genuine will inspire and motivate you. Do let us know what you think about our genuine people quotes through your precious comments.