This Father’s Day, celebrate your good ol’ man to the fullest with the most special Fathers Day quotes that will definitely make his day and, your father and remind us how lucky we are and/or have been with our fathers behind us.
Here are some of the most inspirational fathers day messages to write in a Father’s Day card or for simply expressing your gratitude. These fathers day emotional quotes and messages really drive home the importance of fatherhood, how unbelievably intangible their love is, and how irreplaceable they are.
Read on for some really happy father’s day quotes.
20+ Best Fathers Day Quotes To Make Your Dad Feel Special
1. “I’ve said it before, but it’s absolutely true: My mother gave me my drive, but my father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future.” – Liza Minnelli.
2. “Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that’s why I call you dad, because you are so special to me. You taught me the game and you taught me how to play it right.” – Wade Boggs.
3. “When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.”- William Shakespeare.
4. “I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.” – Umberto Eco, Foucault’s Pendulum.
5. “A father carries pictures where his money used to be.” – Steve Martin
6. “Fathers just have a way of putting everything together.” – Erika Cosby
7. “Dad: A son’s first hero, a daughter’s first love.” – Unknown
8. “I talk and talk and talk, and I haven’t taught people in 50 years what my father taught by example in one week.” – Mario Cuomo
9. “Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance.” – Ruth E. Renkel
10. “When you teach your son, you teach your son’s son.” – The Talmud
11. “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.” – Billy Graham
12. “When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back.” – Linda Poindexter
13. “My dad’s my best mate, and he always will be.” – Cher Lloyd
14. “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.” – Sigmund Freud
15. “There’s no shame in fear, my father told me, what matters is how we face it.” – George R.R. Martin
16. “By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he is wrong.” – Charles Wadsworth
17. “Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, and singers of song.” – Pam Brown
18. The reason why daughters love their dad the most is that there is at least one man in the world who will never hurt her I LOVE YOU, DAD. – Unknown
19. “Walk a little slower Daddy,” said a child so small, “I’m following in your footsteps, and I don’t want to fall. Sometimes your steps are very fast, sometimes they’re hard to see, so walk a little slower, Daddy, for you are leading me. Someday when I am all grown up, you’re what I want to be, then I will have a little child who will want to follow me. And I would want to lead just right and know that I was true, so walk a little slower, Daddy, for I must follow you.”
20. He never looked for praises. He was never one to boast. He just went on quietly working for the ones he loved the most. His dreams were seldom spoken. His wants were very few and most of the time his worries Went unspoken too. He was there… A firm foundation Through all our storms of life a sturdy hand to hold on to In times of stress and strife. A true friend we could turn to when times were good or bad one of our greatest blessings the man that we called Dad.
21. dad (noun)
1. The one who will always make you feel safeand protected
2. The one who can fix anything with his tools.
3. The one who will scold you when you breakthe rules but will pick you up when you fall
4. The one who portrays the perfect blend oftough and sensitive.
5. The most amazing person in the world, i.e. You(See also: ‘hero’, ‘superman’, ‘best friend’, ‘love’)
Superheroes without capes. Warriors who fight cruel realities daily, just to keep their family a better one. Guardians who would sacrifice every ounce they can, just to see their children smile. All of this, without any remorse, any questions, and no regrets.
Fathers. Our very own Supermen with an invisible “S” on their chest, where the ‘S’ stands for SELFLESS. Sure, he may not be a man of words, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take the time to honor your father with some touching turns of phrase.
Happy Father’s Day to you!!