We all have a best friend, they’re like a sibling we didn’t ask for. We bond with them over food, silly jokes, but they also understand our work, family and love life, sometimes even better than we do. It’s difficult to put into words what your BFF means to you, isn’t it? Well, we’re here to help with some friendship quotes!
On the occasion of Friendship Day, we’ve compiled these funny friendship quotes that are perfect for celebrating friendships, old or new. Let them know how much they mean to you by expressing and celebrating their presence in your life through thick and thin with these heartwarming quotes.
Best Friendship Quotes For Your Best Friend
Every now and then, we could all use a reminder of how valuable friendship is. Whether you’re trying to cheer someone up or simply appreciating them, these quotes will help you make them feel loved.
1. True friendship is not about “supporting your friend even when you know they are wrong.” That’s not friendship. That’s being an enabler. That’s being an accomplice. Friendship is loving someone enough to tell them to stop being a goddamn idiot before they ruin their lives.
2. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” — Walter Winchell
3. “Each friend represents a world in us, A world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” — Anais Nin
4. “Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.” – Khalil Gibran
5. “I used to think friendship was sleepovers and playdates. Now I know it’s not. Friendship is three in the morning talks about what happened the day before and why the hell you’re still awake. Friendship is three in the afternoon laughing so hard you’re on the floor at a corny joke for the third time that day. Friendship is sitting there eating in silence because you would rather eat than talk (and they would too). Friendship is love in the strangest ways when all else is lost.”
6. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” — C.S. Lewis
7. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” — Muhammad Ali
8. “The deepest friendships reveal themselves during moments of crisis. When your world is shaken, they stand and face the storm with you. When things look dim, they bring their light to remind you that better days are coming. When you feel challenged they help you see your power.” — Yung Pueblo
9. . “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” – Amy Poehler
11. “As much as a BFF can make you go WTF, there’s no denying we’d be a little less rich without them.” — Gossip Girl
12. “Internet friendship exists. It works. And it creates bonds that are as strong, if not stronger because these are not
people you are judging by looks, by money, or by status. These people are people you’ve met because of their personalities, their fandoms, their likes, their interests, their standpoints, their viewpoints, and the talents that people in their ‘real lives’ never appreciated.”
13. “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.” — Lucius Annaeus Seneca
14. “Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest. It’s about who walked into your life, said, “I’m here for you”, and proved it.” — Anonymous
15. “Honor the friendships that allow you to pick up from where you last left off, regardless of how long it’s been since you connected. The friendships that survive hiatuses, silences and space. Those are the connections that never die.” — Billy Chapala
16. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare
17. “Throughout life you will meet one person who is like no other. You could talk to this person for hours and never get bored, you could tell this person things and they will never judge you. This person is your soulmate, your best friend. Don’t ever let them go.” – Unknown
18. “Endless love is fueled by endless friendship. If you want to have the greatest romance ever, have the greatest friendship ever. Cultivate it; do not let your friendship die. Remember, it’s not a lack of love that destroys relationships; it’s usually a lack of friendship.” – Steve Maraboli
19. “The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away.” — Barbara Kingsolver
20. “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.”— Woodrow Wilson
21. Friendship is not about who you spend the most time with, it’s about who you have the best time with and who’s actually there for you.
22. “Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled.”—Ally Condie
23. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.”— A.A. Milne
24. “My favorite kind of friendship is one where there’s a mutual understanding of the fact that we both have our own lives so we won’t be able to talk or hang out all the time but when we do talk or hang out it’s like picking up right where we left off.” — Starfkfell
25. “How much good inside a day? Depends on how good you live ’em. How much love inside a friend Depends on how much you give ’em. ” — Shel Silverstein
Funny Friendship Quotes
To all those friends who make your life fun and fill it with laughter. Here are some funny friendship quotes that will make you smile.
26. “Real friendship is when your friend comes over to your house and then you both just take a nap.” — Anonymous
27. “Making new friends as an adult is hard because the people I’d get along best with are the ones that also don’t want to leave their house.” – Unknown
28. Most of us don’t need a psychiatric therapist as much as a friend to be silly with. — Robert Brault
29. “There is nothing better than a friend unless it is a friend with chocolate.” — Linda Grayson
30. “You know your friendship is strong when it’s solely built on tagging each other in memes with absolutely no other forms of communication.”
31. “An old friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a dead body.”
32. “There is nothing like puking with somebody to make you into old friends.” ― Sylvia Plath
33. “Your soulmate is out there, but you guys will never meet each other because neither of you like to go out and meet new people.”
34. “True friends don’t judge each other, they judge other people together.” ― Emilie Saint-Genis
35. “Friends give you a shoulder to cry on. But best friends are ready with a shovel to hurt the person who made you cry.” ― Unknown
36. “Any friendship that exceeds the 7-year mark is more likely to last an entire lifetime.”
37. “Friendship is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel a warm feeling inside.” ― Robert Bloch
38. “We’ll be best friends forever because you already know too much.” ― Unknown
39. “Having a daughter is like having a little broke best friend who thinks you’re rich.”
40. “Love is blind. Friendship closes its eyes.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
41. “The holy passion of Friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money.” – Mark Twain
42. “Every woman needs a “no matter what” friend. Someone they can call no matter what. Someone they can vent to, no matter what. Someone she doesn’t have to explain herself to, no matter what.” – Unknown
43. “You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.” – Laurence J. Peter
44. “I’m not really your friend until I start insulting you on a daily basis.”
Meaningful Friendship Quotes
45. “There are three things that grow more precious with age; old wood to burn, old books to read, and old friends to enjoy.” — Henry Ford
46. “Having a soulmate isn’t always about romantic love. You can find your soulmate in a friendship too.”
47. “Never leave a friend behind. Friends are all we have to get us through this life, and they are the only things from this world that we could hope to see in the next.” — Dean Koontz
48. “It’s important to make friendships that are deeper than gossiping and drinking and smoking and going out. Make friends who you can go get breakfast with, make friends you can cry with, make friends who support your life goals and believe in you.”
49. “Remember that life’s most valuable antiques are dear old friends.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
50. “You don’t have to have anything in common with people you’ve known since you were five. With old friends, you’ve got your whole life in common.” — Lyle Lovett
51. Talking to an old friend makes you realize how much your life has changed.
52. “One friend in a storm is worth more than a thousand friends in sunshine.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
53. “Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.” ― Osho
54. “Friendship is the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words.”― George Eliot
55. “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
56. “I don’t believe in the concept of one Best friend. I have different friends who relate to different parts of my life, it’s a working system. They are all equally important.”
57. “Friendship is more than being there for your friends when they need you, it’s also allowing your friends to be there for you.” ― Shane Parrish
58. “Soulmates come in the form of friends too, it’s not just about romance. Sometimes, it’s your best friend who makes you feel whole and who understands you the most when the world doesn’t understand you at all.” – Sylvester McNutt III
59. “The most ordinary things could be made extraordinary, simply by doing them with the right people.” ― Nicholas Sparks
60. “It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” ― Marlene Dietrich
61. “Shoutout to low-maintenance friends The ones you don’t talk to for months because you both are busy in life but, when you meet up, there’s nothing but love.”
62. “Friends should be like books: few, but hand-selected.”—C.J. Langenhoven
63. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”—Dr. Seuss
64. Adult friendships are hard. Everyone is busy, and life happens. I’ve learned you gotta text people when you’re thinking of them. A simple ‘Thinking of you, hope all is well” really goes a long way. — Rob Lowe.
65. “No friendship is an accident.”— O. Henry
66. “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.”— Irish proverb
67. “When you have a friend who checks on you and wants nothing but the best for you without motives, keep them dear, such souls are rare.” – Unknown
68. “The great thing about new friends is that they bring new energy into your soul.”— Shanna Rodriguez
69. “Be very selective when it comes to whom you call friends. Most people nowadays don’t know what friendship is, let alone what loyalty is.”
70. “There’s not a word yet, for old friends who’ve just met.”— Jim Henson
71. “Only a true friend would be that truly honest.”— Shrek
72. “Be slow to fall into friendship, but when you are in, continue firm and constant.”— Socrates
73. “Sorry I’m a shitty friend. Sorry I never call. But I’m so fucking grateful. You’re still in my life.”
Nothing beats a good friend in this world. They make you laugh when you’re sad, they hold you when you cry and they smile when you’ve achieved something.
We hope you found some of the perfect best friend quotes for this friendship day as these quotes on friendship will help bring back all the fun and memories.