These days with the growth of so many harmful bacteria, we have become a lot dependent on antibiotics to lead a healthy life. However, the antibiotics prepared by pharmaceutical companies come with a lot of side-effects and often lower our immunity. Our natural world is full of medicinal herbs which can heal us easily.
These 5 natural antibiotics are easily available and we don’t need prescriptions to procure them!
Garlic (also called the ‘stinking rose’) has been used since ages as a natural antibiotic, antiseptic, anti-infective and anti-oxidant. Grave-diggers of 18th century France drank wine with crushed garlic to ward off the plague. Soldiers wounded in wars were treated with garlic to prevent the growth of gangrene caused by bacterial infection.
The healing properties of garlic have been proved by scientists.
– In a study published by Washington State University in 2022, it was discovered that a compound in garlic is 100 times more effective than 2 antibiotics which are popularly used.
– According to a study published in the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, diallyl sulphide, a compound within garlic can penetrate the strong bio-layer of colonies of bacteria.
– Compounds within garlic can destroy bacteria in a fraction of the time which is taken by antibiotics like ciprofloxacin.
– Garlic is rich in nutrients, anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds along with selenium, phosphorus, calcium, vitamin C, B6 and manganese, different kinds of natural sugars, including fructose, glucose, and insulin. Thiosulphinates such as allicin present within garlic aid in its anti-bacterial activity.
Make the best use of these properties of garlic by crushing it, eating it raw in warm tea or in food which is lightly cooked.
2. Colloidal Silver:
The use of colloidal silver as a natural remedy has been present since ancient times. Alfred Searle, founder of Searle Pharmaceutical Company found its ability to kill deadly pathogens.
Colloidal silver stimulates healing in skin and softer tissues and is extremely affecting in treating wounds.
Extremely small silver colloids pick up infected cells in the eye by attracting them and then eliminate them through blood, thereby curing eye-infections.
It is also used as anti-viral and anti-inflammatory, for treating sinusitis, cold, flu and pneumonia.
Commonly known as the American coneflower, Echinacea has been used since ages to treat cold, flu, infections, indigestions, blood poisoning and other health problems.
It is composed of compounds which are anti-microbial in nature, which make the human immune system stronger and phenols which have anti-oxidant properties.
It can even destroy the deadly Staphylococcus aureus bacteria which causes MRSA.
4. Oil of Oregano:
A native to the Mediterranean region, oregano was discovered in Greece and has been in use for over two thousand years.
Oil of oregano has compounds like carvacrol ( helps in fighting bacterial infections), thymol ( has antiseptic properties and help in treating fungal infections), rosmarinic acid ( powerful anti-oxidant, helps in reducing swelling), Linalool ( helps in relieving stress and anxiety), naringin ( helps in reducing cancer cells and supports other anti-oxidants) among others.
It is extremely helpful in curing colds, bronchitis, ear infection, stomach issues, in treating various skin conditions, acne, herpes, cold sores, muscle pain, arthritis, menstrual problems, etc. It also helps in building a strong immunity system and is used to control aging. It can be also used for pets but instructions should be followed properly.
Make sure the oil of oregano has at least 70 percent of carvacrol because only then it will be effective.
5. Manuka Honey:
Produced in New Zealand, Manuka Honey has been in use since ancient times. Archaeologists found honey in unspoiled pots while excavating tombs of Egyptian rulers.
It has strong anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties and help in treating cold, stomach infections, acne. It works wonders when applied on burns and wounds, prevents tooth decay and helps in IBS and IBD treatments.
Manuka honey contains amino acids, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, zinc and other essential minerals thereby promoting sleep and help in curing a lot of diseases. It kills a lot of pathogens like MRSA and bacteria who eat flesh.
You may also like
- Drinking Lavender Lemonade Will Ease Your Headache And Anxiety
- How to Supercharge Your Dopamine Levels Naturally and Never Feel Depressed or Anxious Again
- The Cancer, Dies When You Eat These 7 Foods, Time to Start Eating Them
- Garlic, Apple Cider Vinegar And Honey – The Super Combination Helping To Fight Diabetes, Obesity, Indigestion