It seems today there are a million things you can worry about. While technology continues to advance, in social media, it adds a bit of confusion, among relationships with people. There is a new form of unkindness, with every unfollow or not liking a picture. It’s passive aggressive. Where there was once a time, people could argue face to face, you don’t need to anymore.
But for the anxious over thinker, social media and a million outlets, just leave us wondering and confused and worried. If there is something to over think we’ll analyze it to the core, like it’s a research subject.
But inside the mind of an over-thinker is a dark and scary place to be. It’s made up scenarios and feeling like a prisoner inside our own minds, with no way of escaping. We just want to do things right and not hurt anyone or hurt ourselves along the way. But sometimes, the hardest thing about being an over-thinker, with anxiety, is just going with the flow of things, because we like understanding things, we like things being made simple. But it’s never that easy.
1. We read between the lines of every text.
We wonder how to respond? What is really being said? When to answer? What punctuation and emoji’s to use? We don’t want to seem to excited. We don’t want to seem like a bitch. And while others, may think nothing of a text, that took us 15 minutes to write, we’re shaking in our boots wondering.
2. And reread everything to see if we missed something,
We reread conversations, more than once. We rethink everything, with different made up scenarios. We worry because we care.
3. We automatically assume someone is mad at us.
If they don’t answer, there has gotta be a reason. We replay everything of what we could have said, or done wrong, we want only to make it right.
4. We can pick up on body language and understand what people aren’t saying.
We watch everyone and everything. While we might be quite, we are taking in everything, going on around us.
5. We follow our gut, when it comes to everything.
At the end of the day, we can analyze things to the core. We can get advice, but the best advice, will always come from ourselves and it is that which we follow.
6. We create problems in your mind.
It’s almost like a puzzle, with a million pieces, that we complete, only to ruin and reconstruct again, “for fun.” But there is nothing fun about creating problems, that aren’t actually there.
7. But can solve anyone else’s problem.
We tend to be the first one, people turn to for advice. If only we took our own.
Our friends constantly remind us, not to worry or “you are overthinking this.”
But we do.
8. Dating can be the best worst thing that can happen to us…
Because we tend to ruin things, before they can even begin, and anticipate that.
9. Because we analyze every detail, word and gesture.
Guys are rather simple and straightforward. There isn’t always a sub tone to things, but we think there is.
10. We’ll always wonder, if we’ve done something wrong and how to make it better.
11. In reality we just care a little too much.
We just care. A lot. Too much.
12. We’re probably perfectionists.
Who just want to do things right.
13. Our body may want sleep.
Because everyone needs sleep to function.
14. But our mind never does.
But to do lists go off in our minds of things we need to get done. People we might have pissed off. Mistakes we might have made. Then eventually we fall asleep.
15. Even in our sleep, our dreams are things we worry about.
But there is no escaping the mind of an over thinker.
16. We hope things will go as planned.
Because over thinker just wants to avoid catastrophe
17. But anticipate the worst case scenario in everything.
But we know things never go as planned, so we have a backup plan in the event it does happen.
18. But every over thinker has simplistic hopes.
Texts answered quickly. A relationship that doesn’t leave us confused. And friends that accept us, and reassure our worries.