Coconut oil is one of the most recognized oils when it comes to finding natural cures and beauty supplements. Abundant in the tropics, this oil has a long and respected reputation. Even when coconut oil is still unknown in other parts of the world, it has been established that this oil is indeed beneficial in many ways.
It has been known to have various applications in food, medicine, beauty, and many more. In addition, due to its high saturated fat content, coconut oil is very heat-stable and does not oxidize quickly. Therefore, it is resistant to rancidification.
Studies have found that medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) are actually beneficial for your health and coconut oil naturally contains MCTs. Coconut oil contains 80% saturated fats.
But don’t get me wrong, I know there are some cardiovascular risk factors which we cannot ignore but coconut oil’s main saturated fatty acid is lauric acid, which helps to improve HDL (good cholesterol) and reduce LDL (bad cholesterol). Coconut oil has antibacterial and antiviral properties that help stop infections effectively. The reason for this is that Lauric acid is converted into a compound called monolaurin which is known to fight infections.
There are two kinds of coconut oil: refined and unrefined.
Refined coconut oil- The process it undergoes takes out some of its nutrition, so while it still functions the same, it is not as nutritious and effective. But this oil is good for cooking as it has a higher smoking point and it doesn’t contain much coconut aroma.
Unrefined coconut oil- Labeled as ‘virgin’ or ‘extra-virgin’, this oil is made from fresh coconuts. All nutrition remains on the unrefined coconut oil, so it is more effective compared to refined coconut oil.
Benefits Of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil’s unique blend of fatty acids makes it one of the most beneficial substances. All of its benefits cannot be named because of their enormity but in this article, we tried to list down a few of them. Read on to know more about coconut oil’s awesomeness.
Coconut Oil External Health Benefits
1. Coconut oil fights both bacteria and viruses and effective in curing any infection.
2. Very helpful in yeast infection
3. Coconut oil is a very good skin moisturizer
4. Athletes Foot.
5. Perfect for treating Cellulite.
6. Pink eye, apply areas around the affected eye
7. It is also known that coconut oil is effective in banishing acne problems.
8. Helps to fight the signs of aging like wrinkles and dark spots.
9. Recommended for baby’s delicate skin.
10. Coconut oil can cure eczema.
11. This oil can treat dandruff problems as well as seborrhea.
12. Coconut oil moisturizes your and scalp. It also kills the bacteria and fungi in your scalp that are causing hair fall.
13. Coconut oil is laden with many proteins. Proteins keep the skin and skin cells healthy, repair tissues
14. Coconut oil and vinegar duo – an all-natural cure for lice.
15. Hair Texturizer and Gel Replacement
16. Coconut oil is easily absorbed into the body
17. Coconut oil is great for skin, and it can even act as a sunscreen
18. Coconut oil lengthens the eyelashes.
19. Helps in reducing stretch marks.
20. Coconut oil will help heal your skin after shaving without clogging pores.
21. Mix coconut oil and salt together can make an excellent body scrub
22. Used in the personal DIY face, body, and hair masks
23. Applying coconut oil can heal bruises, swelling, and redness.
24. Coconut oil makes an excellent chapstick
25. The lactic acid in coconut oil can help to brighten skin
26. Helps new tattoos heal
27. Can be used as a cheekbone highlighter
28. Coconut oil works as an effective makeup-remover
29. Coconut oil is used as a skin burn relief for ages and to reduce permanent scarring
30. Coconut oil mixed with baking soda works as a natural toothpaste
31. Coconut oil is a pretty important ingredient for making soaps.
32. Used as a nail strengthener
33. Applying coconut oil on the head helps relieve fatigue
34. Can be used as a natural deodorant
35. Hair De-tangler for Children
36. Coconut oil removes the puffiness around your eyes, gives you a youthful appearance
37. The lauric acid found in coconut oil can help treat cold sores
38. You can put a little oil to soothe your dry hands and feets
39. Rubbing coconut oil onto your cuticles will help repel germs
40. Coconut oil can help treat canker sores.
41. Coconut oil can help alleviate the pain caused by bee stings
42. You can mix coconut oil with essential oil as a natural repellent for bugs.
43. Coconut oil can relieve itching, reduce inflammation caused by chickenpox if applied topically