Growing in your 20s is the state of confusion. You seem to swing between your choices and social desirability. You get distress when you encounter some uncomfortable moments that actually are signs of growing up.
1. Not getting the job that you’ve always wanted.
Adulthood teaches you that this world is not a wish-granting factory, and the only way to get everything you want it to keep working and trying. Remember: there is no success story that just happened overnight and if you failed right now, it doesn’t mean that you will never get what you want for the rest of your life.
2. Realizing that you majored in the wrong area back in college because your current job is not related to it at all.
Truthfully, the most important thing is not the major itself, but it’s the way of thinking that you get from college. In the end, nothing that you’ve learned is useless.
3. Losing friends and cutting off those toxic people out of your life.
There is no need for you to feel guilty. Your well-being is more important than anything else and you will meet countless people who will treat you right along the way. Sometimes, you need to put self-love above all else and it’s okay.
4. Feeling lost and clueless if you haven’t found your passion yet.
Finding who you truly are is a lifetime journey, but eventually, you will find your passion. Keep on looking and be brave enough to try new things every now and then. Be fearless.
5. Making (the same) mistakes all over again.
At least making mistakes means that you’re brave enough to try something. In your 20s make the best out of your mistakes, learn from them, back up again, and repeat until you know what’s right for you.
6. Spending time on social media just to comparing your life to others.
It’s normal to want to know where you stand compared to others. But nobody’s life is as perfect as their Instagram feed, so try your best not to compare your life to someone else’s. You are enough.
7. Questioning your past relationship which didn’t work out.
You thought that everything went well and felt perfect in the beginning and then suddenly, they burned the bridge and left you behind. But when they’ve decided to leave, never chase them. Don’t ever go back to what broke you.