Asking a better question will seal the cracks in your energy tank. When you want to look for something specific on Google, you need to have the correct keywords to produce the relevant results.
It’s the same with you. If you keep asking yourself, ‘why do bad things always happen to me?’ — your subconscious will search for the reasons and bring up the exact situations to reinforce your belief.
If you want a better result, ask a better question.
The key to effective energy management is developing self-awareness.
Conduct an energy audit, and as you go through your day and notice what expands you and what contracts you.
Become mindful of the less obvious energy leaks, including:
- · Procrastinating on tasks and your health
- · Being too future-focused and expecting the worst-case scenario
- · Placing too much emphasis on the outcome of a goal
- · Asking yourself the wrong questions
These habits focus primarily on what can contract you, but it’s equally important to get your power back and focus on what gives you energy.
It is a two-way process. Stop doing what isn’t serving you and invest your time in activities to boost your energy.
Here are some more questions to determine your internal boosters:
- • What are the things that naturally energize you?
- • What do you like to learn about?
- • What would you do for free?
- • Whose life are you interested in or envious of?
- • How can you add more of these things into your life?
- • What depletes you?
- • How can you remove one of these things from your life today?
When something energizes you, add more of it to your life. When something depletes you, figure out how to do less of that thing. As often as possible, follow the energy inside you. Here’s to filling your energy tank.
Please share this article with anyone who you may think will find it valuable and helpful.
Written by: Lori Milner
Originally appeared on: Beyond The Dress
Republished with permission