Tom Cruise can read minds and sense distant information according to Daily Mail! People with mind-reading abilities enthrall me. But, I was speechless when I heard that Ritchie Neville was able to detect girlfriend Natasha Hamilton’s pregnancy solely through his sense of smell. Now, that is an incredible sixth sense!
Do you want to have such a sensing brain? Then it’s time to sharpen your sixth sense!
What is Sixth Sense
Sixth sense or extrasensory perception is the power that helps you receive information not gained through your five physical senses (sight, sense, sound, smell and touch). The reception of information is sensed through the mind, and you know things that are beyond the realm of conscious reasoning. The sixth sense is a keen intuitive power that denotes psychic abilities such as intuition, telepathy, psychometry, and clairvoyance.
Human beings have sixth sense abilities but most of us never notice them. Some of the signs of sixth sense are –
- Ability to smell a person’s emotions, intentions and personality
- You can sense danger or discomfort immediately
- You can predict how things will turn out in future or say precognition
- You have a deep bond with pets and nature
- Ability to “see” dead people, places, and histories, without any physical cues
- You can sense unexplained movement or see shadows in your peripheral vision
Do you have a sixth sense? If no, then why not develop these inherent tendencies to make yourself powerful enough to impact your and other’s lives.
There are plenty of benefits of developing an extrasensory perception. If you look at people with a high sixth sense, they are always conscious, creative and maintain high energy levels.
When you sharpen your sixth sense, you are better able to express passion, love and feelings through your artistic talents. You gain a high sense of self as well as the ability to be more responsible, compassionate and empathetic towards others.
Here are tips to open up or develop your sixth sense:
1. Supercharge your physical senses
You need a strong sense of smell, touch, hearing, vision and taste. Do the following things to cultivate your perception:
- Try to inhale strong scents every day like that of coffee or essential oils.
- Listen to music of alternate genres with elements distinct from one another
- Do eye exercises (roll your eyes, massage temples, focus etc.) on a daily basis
- Add a variety of food to your diet and stimulate your taste buds
- Touch different things like silk shirts, stones, seeds and pay attention to how things feel. This will stimulate your sensory recognition pattern.
Supercharging these five physical senses will sharpen your sixth sense.
2. Expand your awareness
Stop being judgemental! Think beyond what is considered normal in society and suspend disbelief. Social conditioning creates a belief system, which may or may not be correct and if we never come out of it, we will remain close-minded.
Accept others’ opinions, explore the world, try to gain new experiences, develop new beliefs, and that’s how you can expand your wisdom. So, the next time someone disagrees with you – don’t get offended or try to prove your point! Be curious about different perspectives and think of a problem from different angles. It will boost your intelligence and sharpen your sixth sense.
3. Emotions and repressions
Always stay tuned with your inner self so that you can stay grounded. The mind and heart conflict will always be there. Let your mind go by logic and reason but don’t forget to let your heart play its role of feeling.
When you feel something by heart, it translates into actions and in this process, you get transformed. So, don’t repress your mind or heart, but learn to distinguish your real feelings from pseudo feelings. Learn to trust yourself, trust your feelings else you will become judgemental, which only clouds your mind.