16. You swing between a strong desire to be alone and also be intimately attached
People think empaths and HSPs can have the most wonderful relationships because they are sensitive to other people’s emotions and understand others so well.
But they don’t realize that relationships can get really overwhelming for empaths if they do not get alone time because they system can take only so much of sensory stimulation.
If you are an empath or an HSP, then look for a partner who understands and accepts your sensitive nature and also your need for plenty of alone time to recharge.
How your body works differently
17. You will always try to adjust the volume and colors on your TV
You will always try to adjust the color and volume of you gadgets because even a little extra audio visual stimulation can overwhelm you.
People don’t get your obsession with adjusting the volume but a loud volume is not just annoying, it can be physically exhausting for you.
18. You are very sensitive to fragrances
Since, you have hyperactive sensory system; you are very sensitive to all types of fragrances.
You can use this knowledge to utilize calming fragrances like lavender to soothe your senses and stay away from strong fragrances that can exhaust you.
19. You are sensitive to caffeine, alcohol and other stimulants
If you are an HSP, you should try to limit your consumption of stimulants like caffeine, alcohol, spicy food and other prescription drugs.
20. Your body is sensitive to fluctuations in blood sugar
Have you noticed when you are hungry; you get really irritable and unfocused. It’s because you are really sensitive to fluctuations in your blood sugar level.
Do you think being a highly sensitive person is a curse?
Let us know in the comments section what your views are on being a highly sensitive person.
Related Video: 27 Traits of an Empath
You may also like:
- 25 Signs You’re A Highly Sensitive Person
- What You Can Do About Self-Criticism As A Highly Sensitive Person
- 10 Ways To Behave Around A Highly Sensitive Person
- 15 Things That Lead To Frequent Emotional Burnout in Empaths and Highly Sensitive People
- The Difference Between Empaths and Highly Sensitive People