9. They hold their relationship sacred
Treating your relationship like its sacred means honoring it in all its glory. This involves being selective about what (and who) you let in and out of the space around your relationship. It means not airing each other’s dirty laundry to your friends or revealing secrets.
When you hold your relationship sacred, you raise it to a higher standard by saying what you mean and meaning what you say. Your partner knows where he or she stands with you. There is space for you both to relax and open up. This creates a faith in the relationship that is strong enough to carry couples through times when all seems lost.
Relationships, even the best ones, take continual effort.
You’ll both make mistakes, you’ll do things and say things you regret, and you’ll hurt and get hurt. But, if intimacy sits at the root of your relationship — true, no holds bar intimacy — you will have the tools and rock solid bond needed to see your relationship past the problems and back what really matters.
Become a Contributor at The Minds Journal
Written by Clayton Olson
Originally published on Yourtango.com
You may also like
- The Honest Truth About Toxic Relationships
- 18 Relationship Red Flags You Should Never Ignore
- 9 Reasons She’s Going To Leave You For Another Man
- 12 Signs You Are Losing Yourself In Your Relationship
- The ONE Reason Why A Guy Ever Lets a Good Woman Go
- What It Means When You Keep Breaking Up And Getting Back Together