9. Conscious men have a method of connecting to the great mystery of life, and do so, on a regular basis.
Out of this connection, they marvel at the way life contributes and condones their desires. They see challenges as growth-inspiring messages from levels of life beyond normal comprehension. They know that the outer world is simply a tool for inner transformation and the inner world a source of love and charity for outer change.
These men can be found in all paths of life. They are not limited to spiritual circles or secret societies. A conscious man is as much a father as he is a woodsman, shaman, teacher, painter, or mailman.
Irrelevant Of Title, Race, Sexual Orientation, Class, Or Cultural, A Conscious Man Transforms His Intimate Relationships In The Non-Exhaustive Following Ways:
1. He puts his own health, happiness, and livelihood first.
Without these, he cannot give the gift of conscious attention. He provides his battery with ample charge, able to pierce the wildest storms of relating with attention, humor, and love. His method is self-care, and his gift is wise kind-loving action.
2. He delivers his word on a platter of tempered steel.
Like a pyramid, he is grounded through the interconnectedness of thoughts, actions, words, and intention yet is crowned with a sharp and one-pointed devotion to his dreams and the sustainability of his relationships. Within this temple, his partner may grow through limitless expression and fluidity.
3. He knows what he wants and will not tolerate his desires being attacked or undermined.
But his stance is one of cooperation and mutuality when his desires clash with his partner’s. In this way, he protects and respects his dreams, yet selflessly yearns to have those dreams come to fruition in the vestibule of relationship.
4. He is responsible for his own sexual pleasure, and he takes this with gratitude, as with all good things in life.
Yet on the edge of pleasure and bliss, his eyes are open, and his fingers work across the skin and through the hair of his lover because he has received and cannot help but give. His kiss will write you a novel.
5. A conscious man will choose a partner who is willing to take responsibility for their happiness, emotions, and pleasure.
If you are with such a man, it is a compliment to you!
Now I turn it to you. How do you recognize a conscious man? A man who is awake and steps through fear? What is it like for all you lovers out there to be in relationship with one (or not)?
Written by Jordan Kozey Originally appeared in The Good Men Project