Everyone feels lonely at some point in their lives. Are you one of them? Then, here are some being alone quotes for you to read. As these are some feelings that all human beings can relate to and there’s nothing wrong with you!
How Will These Being Lonely Quotes Help You?
Nobody wants to be alone. Right? But at some point in our life, each of us has been lonely for one reason or another.
These feeling lonely quotes will:
- Allow you become self-aware
- Provide you with some perspective in life
- Act as a reminder that you are not alone, and some people still care
- Help you to understand the difference between solitude and loneliness
So, are you ready to read some of these heart touching lonely quotes? Take a look at them below!
28 Best Being Alone Quotes For You To Relate To…
1. No I may not be physically alone… But mentally there is no one in sight…
2. I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. you’re not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones. – Horacio Jones
3. What is wrong about being alone?
What is wrong with solitude?
What is wrong about wanting to get away
from a very noisy and unstable environment?
You tell me it’s not fun to be lonely.
Well, I’m gonna tell you, wight, here and how that is ain’t fun to be around a person like you who just wants to be noisy all the time.
4. Those little things that you alone see, aren’t by chance. The sign, the squirrel, the dragonfly, the whisper, the song, the lily. It’s me. I’m always with you. I’ll do anything to reach you–to give you hope, keep you on the right track, answer your questions. Look even closer. — The Universe.
5. Lonely is not being alone, it’s the feeling that no one cares.
6. The one thing you shouldn’t be left alone with at night is your own thoughts. They eat you alive until the next morning.
7. Learning how to leave people alone and go on with your life is a needed skill. You must master it.
8. Maybe she doesn’t want to be alone but she’s tired of being lied to, used, and thrown aside when she is no longer convenient. Maybe she has suffered one too many heartbreaks from boyfriends or best friends or parents. Maybe she wants to depend on someone but there’s no one left. No one, except herself.
She is her own strength, her own power.
9. “Being solitary is being alone well: being alone luxuriously immersed in doings of your own choice, aware of the fullness of your won presence rather than of the absence of others. Because solitude is an achievement.” – Alice Koller
10. There’s no therapy or medicine like sitting alone in a secluded space with someone you feel at home and comfortable with.A little music for atmosphere and some quality conversation, and all of your wounds and sorrows heal themselves. – Beau Taplin. Friendly Therapy
11. “I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone.” – Robin Williams
12. Knowing when to leave people alone and give them space is an under appreciated skill.
13. If you want to be happy, learn to be alone without being lonely. Learn that being alone does not mean being unhappy. The world is full of plenty of interesting and enjoyable things to do and people who can enrich your life. — Michael Josephson
14. “Alone time is when I distance myself from the voices of the world so I can hear my own.” — Oprah.
15. I like drinking coffee alone and reading alone. I like riding the bus alone and walking home alone. It gives me time to think and set my mind free. I like eating alone and listening to music alone. But when I see a mother with her child; A girl with her lover; Or a friend laughing with their best friend; I realize that even though I like being alone I don’t fancy being lonely. — Unknown
16. So What If I Am Alone? It’s Better than Faking Friends With Everyone. — A Loner’s Point Of View
17. People Who Stay Quiet And Alone In Their Shell Are Special And Unique. They have a world of their own;only they don’t share it with everyone because not everybody cares. They keep it in a safe hidden and only reveal that part of themselves with the ones who care enough to peel off the layers and know them deeper. — Madiha/Deep Minds Anonymous
18. Those little things that you alone see, aren’t by Chance. The sign, the squirrel, the dragonfly; the whisper, the song, the lily. It’s me. I’m always with you. I’ll do anything to reach you to give you hope, keep you on track, answer your questions. Look even closer. — The Universe
19. Sometimes It Is Better To Be Alone. Nobody Can Hurt You. – Hercules
20. Back a few years ago I can remember sitting in my apartment alone on Christmas Eve watching the cars pass by my window. I was feeling might low, nowhere to go. I didn’t know what I hated more, having nowhere to be or feeling that I had to be somewhere. — Henry Rollins • High Adventure in the Great Outdoors.
21. Many people suffer from the fear of finding oneself alone, and so they don’t find themselves at all. — Rollo May
22. A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; if he doesn’t love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free. — Arthur Schopenhauer.
23. And All I Loved, I Loved Alone — Edgar Allan Poe
24. It’s weird to think that in this very moment someone is lying alone on their death bed, balancing between life and death or someone’s reuniting with an old lover tightly wrapped in a warm embrace or someone’s writing a suicide note, pondering different ways to say goodbye. Right at this moment, someone’s heart is fluttering from a first kiss and someone’s heart is breaking from a goodbye.
25. I like to be left alone but when people don’t notice I’m absent it hurts and I know it’s my own fault for becoming invisible for isolating myself but just once I want someone to notice to truly notice and care.
26. Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don’t want to make eye contact while doing it. ― John Green
27. It’s necessary for me sometimes just to be alone and quiet and doing nothing. ― Charles Bukowski
28. don’t tell me I’m not alone
because at 3:27 am on a Friday morning
when I’m smothered in my darkness
with heavy thoughts and what-ifs
clutching my tear-stained pillow
I sit up and look around the room
to see that the only person here is me
the only person who understands is me
the only one who hears the cries is me
don’t tell me I’m not alone
because that is false
you’re not the one engulfed in sadness it’s me
and I am so alone.
The sadness of not having someone to share your happiness or sadness with can be unnerving. But with love and light, you will overcome loneliness. We hope you liked these feeling lonely quotes, share your thoughts in the comments below!