According to American psychologist, children suffering from ADHD and ADD might be indigo children in disguise. Intriguing, isn’t it?
A great number of medical professionals have dismissed the traditional ADHD diagnoses associated with long – term social and behavioral health problems and took side with the parents who said that their children have supernatural powers.
VICE’s Gavin Haynes went to New York to meet Indigo Children born in the 1990s to understand more about them, how they feel, and about their perceived psychic gifts.
On this journey for answers, Haynes gets his aura read, undergoes a holistic dentistry examination by a mother and daughter Indigo pair, and meets the rap duo “The Underachievers” that preach Indigoism as a way of life.
The Behavior Of Indigo Children
- They are born knowing they are unique and deserve to be valued.
- They understand that they are here for a reason and expect you to understand that too.
- They are aware of their worth.
- They don’t settle for absolute authority or having no choices. The educational or hierarchical systems are good examples of that.
- Indigo children can’t follow the same rules we did as children. They are rebellious.
- They believe that everything should be given creative thought and don’t fit into strict systems.
- Usually are quiet because they feel misunderstood and lost unless they are with other indigos.
- Trying to scare these children with old control methods like – “Wait till your father gets home” has no effect on them.
- It’s important their personal needs be fulfilled.
Want to know more about indigo children? Read 13 Signs You Are An Indigo Child
Characteristics Of An Indigo Child As Stated In The Care And Feeding Of Your Child
- Born in 1978 or later
- Have a creative touch for music, poetry, art, jewelry making, etc.
- Have interesting hobbies.
- An old soul, as if they are 13 going on 30.
- Possibility of seeing angels, dead people, or other types of energies. They are psychic and very intuitive.
- Willing to help the world.
- Get easily bored.
- Are diagnosed with ADD or ADHD.
- Prone to nightmares, insomnia, restless sleep, or difficulty of falling asleep.
- Having attempts or thoughts of suicide and are often depressed.
- Seek true, loyal friends, and lasting friendships.
- Easily bond with plants or animals.
- They may be constantly asking for money but they are proud and independent.
- An isolationist, either through aggressive acting – out through fragile introversion.
Having 14 or more of these may be a sign that you are an indigo. From 11 – 13 it may be a sign that you are indigo in training. If you are an adult with these signs you might be a lightworker.
If you want to know more about how children suffering from ADHD or ADD can be indigo children, then check this video out below: