“Discover Your Love Style: What’s Your Love Language? Take This Quiz”
If you’re wondering how to understand you and your partner’s love languages, it’s quite simple, all you need to do is take this love language quiz!
One of the best ways to strengthen your relationship is by finding out and honoring each other’s love languages.
French poet and novelist, Victor Hugo once said, “The supreme happiness of life consists in the conviction that one is loved.”, and no truer words have ever been spoken. Love is one of those rare feelings that you just cannot do without.
But, in order for love to flourish and survive, communication and connection are imperative. And, that is where the love languages come into play.
Now, there are five love languages overall, and understanding them is crucial to having a stable and healthy romantic relationship.
Proper understanding of these love languages will help you deal with all the positives and negatives that might crop up in your relationship, and help you make it stronger.
The 5 Types Of Love Languages
1. Physical Touch
One of the most important love languages is physical touch. Physical touch and a physical connection are exceptionally important for a relationship and its survival.
Now, a physical connection does not only mean sex; it includes other forms of intimacy as well. Giving your partner a back rub if they had a long and tiring day, embracing each other when you meet, kisses on the forehead to show your love, or simply just holding hands – every physical touch matters.
If you see yourself expecting this from your partner, then you are probably feeling unbalanced. This also means that you want to show your partner your love by instinctively touching them in some form or the other. Physical touch makes you feel happy, satisfied, and protected in your relationship.
2. Quality Time
Spending a good amount of quality time is one of the best ways to keep a relationship exciting and fresh. The more you spend time with each other, the more you will get to know your partner. Whether it’s cooking dinner together, watching a movie at home, or simply just talking your heart out, quality time makes you the happiest.
So, if spending copious amounts of quality time together is your idea of pure happiness, then you are someone who values time and companionship more than anything else. It doesn’t matter what you both are doing; as long as you are spending time together, you are happy.
However, there are some things that can really hurt you. If your partner does not pay attention to you when you are talking about something or bails on you often, then that hurts you to no end.
3. Receiving Gifts
If you love receiving gifts from your partner, then you like things that are tangible. You love it when your partner gifts you things that you love, even without you asking for them. But this does not mean that they always have to be extravagant or fancy gifts.
Whether it’s surprising you with your favorite chocolates and flowers, leaving a cute love letter under your pillow, or gifting you that book that you have been eyeing for days- thoughtful and loving gifts are what make you feel loved and ecstatic.
In return for all this love and affection, you tend to show your appreciation and gratitude towards your partner by giving them little and thoughtful gifts too. You don’t just like to get pampered, you love to pamper your partner too.
4. Acts Of Service
A good relationship is heavily dependent on having a strong partnership. This means that both you and your partner are always there for each other and always help each other out, no matter what. For example, when it comes to household work if you are doing the laundry and cooking, your partner helps with the grocery shopping and keeping the house clean.
If you see that you are having to do everything on your own, with absolutely no help from your partner, it starts to take a toll on you. The best way your partner can show their love towards you is by being there for you and helping you out however they can.
This love language is highly dependent on all those actions that help establish and maintain a balance in your relationship, and the acknowledgment that the other person is doing a great job. You also find yourself expressing your gratitude towards your partner for helping you out with everything, and making sure that you don’t feel burnt out.
5. Words Of Affirmation
No matter how passionate and sexually charged your relationship is, verbal words of affirmation and encouragement are equally important when it comes to a romantic relationship. With verbal reinforcement serving as the backbone for this love language, you love hearing how much your partner loves you and appreciates your presence in their life.
Giving you compliments, supporting you when you are down and depressed, or just simply reiterating the fact that they love you, makes you feel emotionally and mentally satisfied. Positive words like this do not just make you feel good about yourself, it also makes you realize how important they are in your life.
You also return the love and appreciation by making sure your partner knows, how important and valuable their position is in your life.
What Is Your Love Language? Love Language Quiz
If you want to discover the love language that you identify with the most, then try out this quiz below:
1. You feel the happiest with your partner when…
- A. They constantly tell you all day how much you mean to them, and how much they love you.
- B. They choose to leave work early, just so they can spend some time with you.
- C. They leave cute love letters for you, all over the house.
- D. They surprise you with your favorite food or your favorite book.
- E. They are hugging you and holding you close to them, while you are on the couch watching television.
2. When your relationship goes through a rocky phase, which aspect gets affected the most?
- A. Their lovely compliments for you, and appreciation of your presence in their life.
- B. The time both of you spend together.
- C. Unplanned surprises, such as a surprise date night or a quick weekend trip.
- D. Acknowledgment of your hard work, and equal sharing of all the duties.
- E. Your physical intimacy with each other.
3. If you are feeling negative about yourself, what do you expect your partner’s response to be?
- A. Writing a very romantic and sweet love letter, in which they list down all the reasons they love you, and how you are nothing short of perfect.
- B. Proposing to go on a walk together, just the two of you.
- C. Surprising you with a thoughtful gift.
- D. Cooking your favorite meal at home, all from scratch.
- E. Holding you close to them, and just letting you speak your heart out, or not say anything at all. Whatever makes you feel better.
4. After a hard day at work, when you come back home, what do you wish for, from your partner?
- A. To enquire about what has happened, and then shower words of positivity and encouragement on you.
- B. Forget everything and spend a lot of time with you.
- C. Leaving a romantic and mushy love note for you, inside the book you are currently reading.
- D. Baking your favorite dessert for you.
- E. Embracing you for a long time, and then kissing you passionately.
5. If you and your partner argue in the morning, and when you come back home from work in the evening, what will make you forget everything and go back to how things were before?
- A. Apologizing for their words and actions, and telling you how much they love you and respect you.
- B. When they tell you that they took the day off the following day so that both of you can do something nice together.
- C. Coming across a beautiful hand-written love poem on your bed.
- D. Finding them to do the household chores you were supposed to do.
- E. Showing their romantic side by wanting to hug you tight and kiss you.
6. If your SO is going through a tough time, how do you try to make them feel better?
- A. Letting your partner know that they are the love of your life, and you cannot imagine your life without them.
- B. Offer to take them out for dinner at their favorite restaurant or go to the book reading they always wanted to go to.
- C. Buying something which they have been eyeing for a long time, but never got around to actually purchasing it.
- D. Prepare a delicious dinner for them, which you know for a fact they will absolutely love.
- E. Give a relaxing back massage or foot massage, to take their mind off all their troubles.
Results To Find Your Love Language
If most of your answers were A’s, then your love language is Words Of Affirmation.
If most of your answers were B’s, then your love language is Quality Time.
If most of your answers were C’s, then your love language is Receiving Gifts.
If most of your answers were D’s, then your love language is Acts Of Service.
If most of your answers were E’s, then your love language is Physical Touch.
Knowing your love language is as important as knowing your partner’s love language. Because this can help you communicate and connect with each other better and more deeply.
If you ever feel like you are having difficulties understanding what your partner needs, you can just fall back on their love language. It will help you understand what you need to do to make them feel better, and also make your relationship stronger.
Want to know more about love languages? Check this video out below!