Healing the Sacral Chakra:
- Overcoming The Challenge of Grasping – can you fully recognize and appreciate the experience in the moment? Getting too much attached to experiences might get in the way of a “healthy” flow and turn into insatiable, obsessive or hoarding behavior. (1)
- Severing Draining Emotional Ties – This chakra drains because of unstable and toxic family dynamics where manipulation is at play. In relationships, you have to engage in transparent and direct communication of different emotions: joy, happiness, sadness, anger etc. instead of giving in to reactive responses.
- Healing Shame in the Second Chakra- Repressed sexuality can lead to serious imbalances in the second chakra, whether it “shuts down” or becomes overactive. (2) Working on building trust on your partner for intimacy and sensuality can help resolve guilt associated with sex. Going step by step, starting with small experiences of pleasure might pave the way to healing big wounds.
- Restoring a Balanced Enjoyment of Life’s Pleasures – start taking pleasure in the happenings of the moments rather than overthinking and overwhelming oneself with emotions.
- Laws of Attraction and The Sacral Chakra – As repulsion and attraction is a part of the Sacral Chakra, one must be aware of one’s intentions and thoughts.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra
Position: Above the navel – two inches below the breastbone.
Objective: self-esteem, development of the self, self-worth, freedom from shame.
Blocked by: Shame.
When your Solar Plexus Chakra is blocked:
- You are not assertive enough to define your choices to people.
- You suffer from a lack of self-confidence and can’t get the courage to follow your dreams.
- You always seek external validation to boost yourself.
- You feel that you are a victim of the circumstances and you’re bound to destiny.
Healing the Solar Plexus Chakra:
- The chakra color associated with Manipura is yellow, which means that bananas, sunflower seeds, yellow peppers and cheeses are good solar plexus chakra healing food. Spices for the solar plexus chakra are ginger, chamomile, mint, and cumin. (3)
- Meditation by simply envisioning a brilliant yellow sunflower over your solar plexus chakra can help. Solar plexus chakra healing stones include yellow stones like citrine, amber, yellow tourmaline and tiger’s eye.
4. Heart Chakra
Position: Center of chest
Objective: Emotionality, compassion, kindness, self-acceptance, and love for the self, masculine / feminine sides of an individual.
Blocked by: Grief
When your Heart Chakra is blocked:
- You have difficulty finding the purpose and meaning in life.
- You don’t feel contented and happy with the things you possess or have achieved.
- You stay away from being emotionally attached to others because you are afraid of getting hurt.
- You are petrified of commitment in a relationship.
- You become vengeful, angry, and resented in a relationship, leading to a disrupted bond.
Healing the Heart Chakra:
- One can practice relaxing yoga pose and progressive muscle relaxation to free up stresses in the different parts of the body enabling easy blood circulation. The body must be free of constrictions or interference to heal the heart Chakra.
- One must try to stay away from positive energy-draining situations and toxic people.
- One must try to give away self-limiting beliefs and practice self-promoting dialogues with oneself like “I can do it.” “I am worth it.” “I love myself the way I am.”
5. Throat Chakra
Position: Hollow of throat
Objective: Body’s communication tool: self-expression, assertiveness, expressing one’s truth and being receptive of others, creative expression.
Blocked by: Lies.
When your Throat Chakra is blocked:
- You are scared of speaking the truth because of being rejected by the crowd.
- You always please everyone.
- You find it difficult to speak up for yourself regarding your choices, ideas etc.
- You feel unheard and misunderstood in most circumstances.
- Your vocal expression is too hastened and people fail to comprehend you.