3. Solar Plexus Chakra
Position: Above the navel – two inches below the breastbone.
Objective: self-esteem, development of the self, self-worth, freedom from shame.
Blocked by: Shame.
When your Solar Plexus Chakra is blocked:
- You are not assertive enough to define your choices to people.
- You suffer from a lack of self-confidence and can’t get the courage to follow your dreams.
- You always seek external validation to boost yourself.
- You feel that you are a victim of the circumstances and you’re bound to destiny.
Healing the Solar Plexus Chakra:
- The chakra color associated with Manipura is yellow, which means that bananas, sunflower seeds, yellow peppers and cheeses are good solar plexus chakra healing food. Spices for the solar plexus chakra are ginger, chamomile, mint, and cumin. (3)
- Meditation by simply envisioning a brilliant yellow sunflower over your solar plexus chakra can help. Solar plexus chakra healing stones include yellow stones like citrine, amber, yellow tourmaline and tiger’s eye.
4. Heart Chakra
Position: Center of chest
Objective: emotionality, compassion, kindness, self-acceptance, and love for the self, masculine / feminine sides of an individual.
Blocked by: Grief
When your Heart Chakra is blocked:
- You have difficulty finding the purpose and meaning in life.
- You don’t feel contented and happy with the things you possess or have achieved.
- You stay away from being emotionally attached to others because you are afraid of getting hurt.
- You are petrified of commitment in a relationship.
- You become vengeful, angry and resented in a relationship, leading to a disrupted bond.
Healing the Heart Chakra:
- One can practice relaxing yoga pose and progressive muscle relaxation to free up stresses in the different parts of the body enabling easy blood circulation. The body must be free of constrictions or interferences to heal the heart Chakra.
- One must try to stay away from positive energy draining situations and toxic people.
- One must try to give away self-limiting beliefs and practice self-promoting dialogues with oneself like “I can do it.” “I am worth it.” “I love myself the way I am.”
5. Throat Chakra
Position: Hollow of throat
Objective: Body’s communication tool: self-expression, assertiveness, expressing one’s truth and being receptive of others, creative expression.
Blocked by: Lies.
When your Throat Chakra is blocked:
- You are scared of speaking the truth because of being rejected by the crowd.
- You always please everyone.
- You find it difficult to speak up for yourself regarding your choices, ideas etc.
- You feel unheard and misunderstood in most circumstances.
- Your vocal expression is too hastened and people fail to comprehend you.
Healing the Throat Chakra:
- One can use the Chakra healing stones by placing throat chakra stones just above or on the area of imbalance, the stone’s vibration cleanses the negativity to restore balance.(4)
6. Third Eye Chakra
Position: Between the eyebrows
Objective: Associated with Psychic abilities like intuition and higher level perception, deep understanding, empathy, visualization, discernment and self-reflection.
Blocked by: Illusion.
When your Third Eye Chakra is blocked:
- You are indecisive and can’t make decisions after weighing the pros and cons of a situation.
- You fail to trust your instincts.
- You are overthink too much about everything – whether its magnificent or trivial in nature
- You pay no heed to your inner voice and reflections.
Healing Third Eye Chakra:
The use of essential oils, such as to anoint the forehead at the location of the Ajna chakra, can also help to balance the third eye Chakra. Consider using:
- Clary Sage
Use healing stones that possess the same vibrational frequency and chakra color as the Ajna chakra get rid of negativity. Use :
- Lapis Lazuli
- Purple Flourite
One should also look after their food intake to help restore balance in the Third eye Chakra. Incorporate the following in your diet:
- Purple peppers, cabbage, and kale