20. Never ever stop being curious about learning. Seeking ongoing education and taking every other opportunity to broaden your knowledge of the world and its people will change your relationships.
21. You can heal and help others heal at the same time. We are back to “start before you are ready!” It’s in the DOING, not in the waiting, that we find our bravery.
22. Protecting yourself from negative people will speed up your healing journey. Believe me, I’ve been holding on to relationships that were only dragging me down for far too long. Set your boundaries and hold them!
23. What we resist, persists. What we deny still takes up space. In fact, the more we deny and resist the more ways it tries to grab for our attention. When we ignore, avoid, shrink it, and push it away, that which wants to be felt, experienced, owned, and seen can try to push itself out into our awareness so that we have to look and pay attention.
Patterns, illness, pain, disconnection, and more will present. Our work is to look. It’s to become more familiar with ourselves and our experiences. It’s to become an observer and learn. It’s to feel what needs to be felt, acknowledge what needs to be acknowledged, and own what needs to be owned.
Only by looking inward and asking the tough questions can we find the peace that comes with truly belonging and knowing our place in the world. True belonging means belonging to yourself and no one else. What I’ve learned is that you cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with. Self-love, for me, is creating space in my life to heal, change, and transform my body and my mind.
24. You are both, the problem and the solution. Healing happens when we unpack our programming and conditioning and repackage it in ways that hold ourselves with honor respect, bravery, and empowerment. Healing happens with a change in perception of the illness one where we respond to our pain with love rather than fear.
25. The GOOD LIFE Journal is probably the best tool I have ever created and it has literally changed my life. It taught me to feel my feelings and don’t let myself be defined by my thoughts. Now I know that feeling will bring you so much closer to where you want to go than thinking!
26. As a Holistic Psychologist, Nutritionist, Yoga teacher, and holistic health practitioner as well as my own experiences as a patient, I strongly believe that mental health is rooted in the body and physical health is shaped by the mind. (That’s why I am not a big fan of separating the two.)
One of the most important things I’ve learned from working with people is that trauma is not an event. It’s the experience (through the body) we relate to that event. Trauma makes you feel hopeless. Healing happens when we acknowledge our feelings (in the present). Transformation happens through the body! Stored emotions need space to BREATHE (to be released)!
27. Always be true to yourself. Your truth will set you free. Don’t be ashamed to share it with the world! I know how scary this last one is. But here is what sharing my truth has taught me: When I started being honest and sharing openheartedly about my journey, other people started sharing similar stories. People I didn’t even know.
By sharing my truth I gave others permission to be true to themselves too. We are all faced with great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.
Here is to the next decades and everything I am going to learn, experience, and discover!
My wish for the future is this: I want us to be human. I want us to share what’s real. To show up imperfectly and not always edited and curated.
If you are ready to go from knowledge to experience to wisdom. From mind to body to soul. From thinking to feeling to being. From learning it with your head to practicing it with your hands and knowing it by heart, click here. It will be an honor to support you on your transformational journey.
I will keep you updated on my journey here and on Instagram, but now I am off to enjoy a big piece of my birthday cake!
Thank you for reading! Thank you for following me on my journey.
Know that you are loved. The world needs you, so go out there and SHARE YOUR LIGHT!
Check out Nila Conzen’s Instagram page here for more beautiful posts like this.
Living in the present moment, and working on yourself to progress on the path to self-awareness, and self-discovery will take time. Don’t think that it’s going to happen in the blink of an eye. Keep working on yourself, and treat yourself with a lot of love, patience, and kindness. You will get there.
If you want to know more about living in the present moment, then check this video out below: