There are certain useful mental life hacks that may cause people to feel and behave in a certain way. Knowing this might end up helping you too. Let’s explore some of the most useful and practical mental life hacks.
Sometimes the way you act will have a deep effect on people, even subconsciously. You yourself may not even realize that you are causing this profound effect.
Here are 16 useful mental life hacks that may cause people to behave in a certain way and in turn, it may help you understand them and their motivations and inner workings better.
Mastering Your Mind: 16 Useful Mental Life Hacks
1. When a group of people laugh, people instinctively look towards the group members they feel closest to (or want to feel the closest to).
2. Take a peek at people’s feet when they’re talking to you. If their feet are pointed away from you, they are not really interested in having a conversation with you.
3. When you’re on a first date, take your date somewhere exciting. They’ll associate you with that thrilling feeling.
4. Try to notice someone’s eye colour when you meet them. People will like you more for the slightly increased eye-contact.
5. If you work in customer service, put a mirror behind you. Customers will be nicer because nobody wants to see themselves being a jerk.
6. Most people can’t tell the difference between brilliance and confidence. This is one of the most useful mental life hacks. If you seem like you know what you’re doing, people tend to rally around you.
7. If you’re in a group meeting and expect someone to take you to the task, sit right next to them. They’ll lose the pack mentality that makes them feel safe to attack you. At the very least, they’ll mitigate their meanness.
8. Many physical effects of stress are the same as those of exhilaration (e.g. heavy breathing, speeding heart, etc.). If you reframe your threatening situation as a challenging one, your stress will become exhilaration.
9. Door-ln-The-Face: One of the most useful mental life hacks, for sure. People are also more likely to agree to a smaller favour if they deny a larger one or two first.
10. If you show yourself to be really happy and excited to see other people, the next time they see you, they’ll probably be a lot happier and more excited about it. (Dogs do this trick to us all the time.)
11. Before interviews, imagine yourself as old friends with your interviewers. You’re in charge of the way you perceive your situation, and your energy and comfort level will be infectious.
12. Don’t say or write, “l think” or “l believe:” It’s implied anyway, and it sounds unconfident.
13. Emotional expressions are one way to cause emotions. If you want to feel happy, smile as wide as you can.
14. If you ask someone a question and they only give you a partial answer, maintain eye-contact and stay silent. The person who is answering the question will usually assume the original answer wasn’t good enough, and they’ll keep talking.
15. If somebody is angry at you and you stay calm, they’ll probably get angrier, but they’ll be ashamed of themselves later.
These practical mental life hacks can help you understand people better and at the same time help you to understand how the human psyche works. This can also end up making things easier for you when it comes to social interaction.
If you want to know more about mental life hacks, then check out this video below: