15. And struggling to move on.
Take as much time as you need to heal yourself, let them go, and move on. Don’t deny the pain and feel it until you could live with it each day. As cliché as it sounds, it’s okay to not be okay and it’s normal to feel the hurt.
16. Getting tired of finding the one and losing the faith of meeting your soulmate.
As you grow older, you’ll be realistic and you will start to understand that the one will eventually come at the right time, when both of you are ready.
17. Not being able to forgive those people who hurt you.
True forgiveness comes as time goes by, so don’t force it to happen. But, little do you realize, it’s actually harder to forgive yourself rather than forgive them.
18. Canceling those appointments and letting go of “FOMO.”
As you get busier each day, you will start to notice the importance of having a time on your own and it’s okay to be left out. You will understand that you don’t need to do everything all at once.
19. Not giving a shit to the things you can’t control.
In your 20s, as life is getting more complicated, you will start to differentiate between the things you can control and otherwise.
And you start to realize the 5 by 5 rules: If it’s not gonna matter in 5 years, you won’t spend more than 5 minutes thinking about it.
20. Reading a self-help article like this and having the feeling that you’ve messed up.
Life in your 20s is all about messing. And it’s okay if you don’t know how to live right, because all of us are confused anyway.
Life in your 20s is about nothing but self-love and when you’ve filled yourself with self-love, you will make better choices.
At the end of the day, your 20s will be just fine.
Accept yourself the way you are, enjoy your 20s as it won’t be back again once you have moved ahead.
Written by Rayi Noormega
Originally appeared on Thought Catalog
Follow more of her work at Rayinoormega.com or follow Rayi on Instagram
You may also like:
- 10 Brutally Honest Reasons Why You Should Get Married In Your 30’s, Not Your 20’s
- 10 Things I Wish I Knew When I Was 20
- Things To Do When You’re 30 That Will Make Your Life Better At 50
- Skills You Should Equip Yourself With In Your 20s