Letting go of the past is easier said than done. When you have seen and experienced profound things that have changed your life in many ways, it’s not that simple to just forget everything and move on. But when things get too much, there comes a point when life thrusts a few signs your way that says it’s time to let go and move on from the past for good.
Regret, they say is useless in life. It’s always in the past and all we have is now! As people, we have a lot of things that have happened in the past and have left an indelible mark on us. These could be positive references or even negative ones that have scarred us or shaken us to the core. Reliving the relationship in the past often does not pan out well and we end up torturing ourselves for that. If we hold to negativity, it may end up being a lot more difficult in the future.
Here Are 20 Signs It’s Time To Let Go Of The Past And Move On
1. If the people and the situations around you are creating a sense of exertion and exhaustion, rather than happiness and fulfillment, it’s time to move on.
2. If you have lost a sense of joy and fulfillment in what you once loved doing, then it’s probably important to move on.
3. In case your core beliefs have been shaken and stirred, it’s important that you leave all of that behind and moved on to a set of new situations.
4. A lot of times, we do not have fun with our lives and it’s important to find something that recreates that fun and joyful feeling again.
5. A lot of times we fake a positive disposition and pretend that everything is fine. We need to stop doing that and make ourselves that much more miserable. It is time to confront the self-deception and move on.
6. In case, you are scared of making changes to your life, you need to settle for a current condition which helps embrace the fears well and propel you forward.
7. Dreams may sound unreasonable and it makes perfect sense to actually remind ourselves of the purpose we started off with. In that case, most of these dreams will fall on the wayside, but a careful rethink may help you get started anew.
8. Freedom often is curtailed and probably the current situation does not allow for it to thrive. Try and work towards building a new freedom project.
9. In case your expectations are not being met, it’s time to actually be a lot more proactive in meeting with the set of expectations.
10. If you are sad all the time and feel like crying almost at all times, you need to get out of the situation immediately and start off with laughing and smiling at everything you do.
11. You should not have thoughts affixed to the past or future. It is important to live in the present and that change is very necessary.
12. We cannot plead with someone to help change the situation for us, in fact if this is not working; it’s time to move on.
13. In case you are faced with boredom, resentment and complacency, you should be able to make a change quickly.
14. You should also stop rehashing the painful memories of the past and move forward with new experiences.
15. If our set patterns of behavior are causing us to be negative, it makes sense to make a positive change in the future.
16. In case a relationship is making you feel isolated from others, if you are not being understood at all, you need to move on in life with a new set of relationships. Staying in the company of the wrong people is simply not good.
17. Life is all about self discovery. In case, this ceases to be the case, you need a thorough rethink and move forward.
18. In case, you have worked multiple times to make something work, it may not be working at all. This means it’s time to discard it and start off afresh!
19. Sacrifice can never be one-way traffic. In case, the significant other refuses to understand this, it’s time to call off the relationship and move on!
20. Neglecting personal relationships is never the goal in life. Especially after marriage, we tend to forget our friends and relatives. This may cause hurt and pain. It’s time to change that process!
When you are confronted with these signs in your life, know that it’s the Universe’s way of telling you that it’s time to let go and move on from the past for good. The more you hold on to things that do not give you joy and happiness, the more you are holding yourself back from getting them.