Do you find yourself being depressed or anxious? The feeling that no one gets how you feel can be a daunting experience but don’t be disheartened, there are many brave individuals like you who have written down what it feels like to battle with mental health conditions.
Dealing with different aspects of mental illness such as grief, loneliness and fear, these quotes for depression and anxiety describe exactly how you feel as well as provide support. Read to understand more about depression and anxiety.
Quotes For Depression And Anxiety: To Understand What’s It Like To Be Depressed
1. “It’s so difficult to describe depression to someone who’s never been there because it’s not sadness. I know sadness. Sadness is to cry and to feel. But it’s that cold absence of feeling—that really hollowed-out feeling.” —J.K. Rowling
2. “Sometimes, depression can make you feel like you’re not even a part of the world. It’s a weird feeling. It can make you feel detached. It can make you feel like a version of yourself that’s much less than who you really are. It can make you angry, frustrated and irritated. And it can make you feel like you’re suffocating. Things will get easier. You know they will. But for now, you need to feel this. You need to feel the way you’re feeling – if you want to heal. It will get easier. It will…“
3. “Having depression is being in an abusive relationship with yourself.” — Emily Dotterer
4. “What is depression like? It’s like drowning, except everyone around you is breathing.” – Anonymous
5. Depression can make keeping in contact with friends seem like an impossible task. So if you haven’t heard from a friend in a while, don’t immediately label them as a bad friend. -Tom Hulme
6. “You look happy, but you don’t feel happy. That’s what depression does to you.” – Unknown
7. “Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but it is more common and also harder to bear. The frequent attempt to conceal mental pain increases the burden. It is easier to say, ‘My tooth is aching’ than to say ‘My heart is broken’.” – C.S Lewis
8. “Depression is embarrassing because sometimes it makes you miss appointments and not return phone calls and when the fog starts to lift you gotta do a whole freaking apology tour.” – River Paasch
9. “I have depression. But I prefer to say “I battle” depression instead of “I suffer” with it. Because depression hits, but I hit back. Battle on.” – Joel Osteen
10. People are not faking depression, they’re faking plastered smiles. People are not faking anxiety, they’re faking a calm demeanor. People are not faking trauma, they’re faking being unfazed by triggers and memories. Remove the notion that people are faking their struggles.” — Dr. Christina
11. “No one realizes how strong someone with depression has to be just to do daily stuff like shower, brush hair or get out of bed.” – Unknown
12. “You can smile or make jokes and have depression… You can sound confident and have anxiety…
You can have everything and feel nothing. For even a person who’s going through it can’t explain it.
It’s real, Don’t shy upon it or feel guilty. Rather seek help seek Therapy
Please always check on your loved ones. No matter how ‘FINE’ they may seem.”
13. “You sometimes think you want to disappear, but all you really want is to be found.” – Kid Cudi
14. “I’m not sure if I’m depressed. I mean, I’m not sad, but I’m not exactly happy either. I can laugh and joke and smile during the day, but sometimes when I’m alone at night I forget how to feel.” – John Green
15. Depression isn’t always dark rooms and crying endlessly. Sometimes it’s getting up, going to work and smiling and laughing all day and then coming home to sit quietly doing little to nothing until it’s time to go to bed. – Jenzilla