30+ Profound Quotes By Carl Jung That Will Help You To Better Understand Yourself
One of the biggest names in the field of psychology, Carl Jung; whose works and studies in understanding the mind of human beings to a higher degree will always be appreciated for generations to come.
You can expect nothing but profound and thought-provoking quotes from a man like Carl Jung. His tireless efforts and studies in the field of psychology have immensely developed the capability of humans to live life with a deeper understanding of ourselves. Carl Jung’s quotes are bound to make you question yourself as to how the world around you has an impact on your thoughts and behavior.
We have collected some of the most profound quotes by Carl Jung to help you understand yourself and the environment that influences you to become who you are. If you ever feel lost and confused about trying to understand yourself, come back to this article on Carl Jung’s quotes to help you pick up better perspectives of who you really are.
Related: Much like Carl Jung’s quotes, Elizabeth Gilbert’s quotes are like a warm embrace of assurance and a light shower of wisdom – there when you need it most. Here are 30+ Of The Most Empowering Quotes By Elizabeth Gilbert.
Here are 30+ Profound Quotes By Carl Jung That Will Help You To Better Understand Yourself:
1.“Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.”
2. “Don’t hold on to someone who’s leaving, otherwise you won’t meet the one who’s coming.”
3. “Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”
4. “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
5. “No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell.”
6. “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.”
7. ”One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious.”
8. “If you are a gifted person, it doesn’t mean that you gained something. It means you have something to give back.”
9. “Mistakes are, after all, the foundations of truth, and if a man does not know what a thing is, it is at least an increase in knowledge if he knows what it is not.”
10. “Solitude is for me a fount of healing which makes my life worth living. Talking is often a torment for me, and I need many days of silence to recover from the futility of words.”
11. “People will do anything, no matter how absurd, to avoid facing their own souls.”
12. “Loneliness does not come from having no people around, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.”
13. “Depression is like a woman in black. If she turns up, don’t shoo her away. Invite her in, offer her a seat, treat her like a guest and listen to what she wants to say.”
14. “A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has never overcome them.”
15. “There is no coming to consciousness without pain.”
16. “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.”
17. “What you resist, persists.”
18. “A dream is a small hidden door in the deepest and most intimate sanctum of the soul, which opens up to that primeval cosmic night that was the soul, long before there was the conscious ego.”
19. “The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.”
20. “I thought perhaps she was crazy, but she was only highly intuitive.”
21. “We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses.”
22. “Your perception will become clear only when you can look into your soul.”
23. “The debt we owe to the play of imagination is incalculable.”
24. “Knowledge rests not upon truth alone, but upon error also.”