30+ Of The Most Empowering Quotes By Elizabeth Gilbert
We are all aware of the power of words especially in times like these when we’re all soldiers in the battlefield of this psychological warfare between communities worldwide. Some of the people who are able to manifest the power of words best are our journalists – of which the name Elizabeth Gilbert is included.
The way Elizabeth Gilbert weaves words together produce some of the most notable quotes that are bound to empower you through the down times. Known worldwide for her 2006 memoir, Eat Pray Love, she still continues to carry the message to this day. Elizabeth Gilbert’s quotes are like a warm embrace of assurance and a light shower of wisdom – there when you need it most.
Related: On the note of her work Eat, Pray, Love – we have curated some of the best quotes from the piece to help you look at life with the eyes of love. Here are 50+ Profound Lessons and Quotes from Elizabeth Gilbert’s Eat Pray Love.
Here are 30+ Of The Most Empowering Quotes By Elizabeth Gilbert:
1.“This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.”
2. “You’re wishin’ too much, baby. You gotta stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone oughtta be.”
3. “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow – this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.”
4. “To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life.”
5. “Someday you’re gonna look back on this moment of your life as such a sweet time of grieving. You’ll see that you were in mourning and your heart was broken, but your life was changing.”
6. “In desperate love, we always invent the characters of our partners, demanding they be what we need of them, and then feeling devastated when they refuse to perform the role we created in the first place.”
7.“There’s a crack (or cracks) in everyone…that’s how the light of God gets in.”
8.“Do not apologize for crying. Without this emotion, we are only robots.”
9.“The only thing more unthinkable than leaving was staying; the only thing more impossible than staying was leaving.”
10. “The women I love and admire for their strength and grace did not get that way because thing worked out. They got that way because shit went wrong and they handled it. They handled it a thousand different ways on a thousand different days, but they handled it. Those women are my superheroes.”
11. “It all goes away. Eventually, everything goes away.”
12. “I’m choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I’m making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.”
13. “Look for God, suggests my Guru. Look for God like a man with his head on fire looks for water.”
14. “In the end, though, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives. In the end, maybe it’s wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices.”
15. “I’ve never seen any life transformation that didn’t begin with the person in question finally getting tired of their own bullshit.”
16. “I met an old lady once, almost a hundred years old, and she told me, ‘There are only two questions that human beings have ever fought over, all through history. How much do you love me? And Who’s in charge?”
17. “Having a baby is like getting a tattoo on your face. You really need to be certain it’s what you want before you commit.”
18. “You were given life; it is your duty (and also your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within life, no matter how slight.”