“Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
Have you tried positive affirmations in the past and felt they were a waste of time? No wonder, because most people don’t know the correct techniques. It is a science. No worries! I got you covered, so you can finally implement the positive affirmations that DO WORK!
Why Positive Affirmations Are So Bomb!
Do you want to achieve incredible goals? Is there a hidden tiger within you scratching to get out? Positive affirmations are an excellent tool in changing your mental recordings.
It gets even better! Start creating new beliefs which help you become unstoppable! The biggest obstacle keeping you from success is your mindset. This short video could change that in as little as 30 days!
What Is A Positive Affirmation?
A positive affirmation is about changing a behavior or belief that no longer serves you. The second part is to replace the old programming with new truths about yourself.
Here are a few examples:
- I am physically strong and vibrant because I workout 3 days a week.
- My confidence is going through the roof because I set goals and reach them.
- I’m enjoying financial freedom because I am laser focused.
- I am overflowing with energy because I’m doing what I love.
Related: 17 Positive Choices Happy People Make Daily In Their Lives
Here Are The 5 Steps To Positive Affirmations
1. Write it in the present tense, as though it’s already happened.
2. Use only positive words. Do not include any negative words such as, no, never, not, quit, hate, etc.
3. Be concise and precise. The shorter the sentence the better. Think of Twitter.
4. Include an action word. Here’s an example of a positive affirmation to get healthier. “I feel boundless energy and health as I run around daily.”
5. Add a feeling word that entices emotion, such as, exhilarated, excited, overjoyed.
Details To Creating Effective Positive Affirmations
- Limit your list to ten or less positive affirmations, at a time. Read them for a minimum of thirty days straight.
- You need to believe it’s attainable! This mentality is imperative! If your brain calls b.s on your affirmation, it will block it. It’s best to start with baby-step goals versus going for the big win out the gate.
- Place your list where you will easily see it twice a day. I suggest taping it where you brush your teeth.
- Read it out loud, in the mirror, at least twice a day. Preferably first thing in the morning and last thing before going to sleep.
- Say each affirmation with drama and hand movements. Make sure you’re looking at yourself while you repeat your statements.
- Take time to visualize yourself living with your new belief.
Is Your Brain Being Warped?
Well, maybe…but in a good way! The above techniques are based on a brain science called Neuroplasticity (Positive Psychology, What is Neuroplasticity). This science has been studied extensively to show humans are able to expand their capabilities and crush limitations.
Read about: developing a growth mindset which is associated with positive affirmations.
By implementing practices such as positive affirmations you can step into a new person. Many notice changes in their mindset in as few as twenty-one days. I recommend continuing with the same affirmations for a minimum of ninety days. You see, this will help make your changes more permanent. I ain’t able temporary fixes! Let’s do this right!!
Related: How To Stop Being Pessimistic: 10 Ways
Why I’m A Super Fan Of Positive Affirmations
My experience with affirmations – they’ve helped me do a 180º in my life and opened incredible opportunities. I went from hating my life and previous company to feeling limitless and fulfilled! You can check out my story here.
Let me know your experience!
Written By Midori Verity Originally Appeared On Midori Verity
Leave a Reply