Mental disorders is a major challenge for anyone to cope with, especially when it comes to men.
Men’s are no different from it. They too suffer from depression, anxiety and a range of mental health issues.
Hectic schedules, unwanted work pressure, familial responsibilities, limited earning opportunities, etc. add more to their stress level. It is sad that men are made to feel weak by exhibiting their feelings.
Mental health experts believe that men are more prone to mental illness. The Men’s Health Forum stated that 4 in 5 suicides are by men, which is the biggest cause of death in men under 35.
Battling a mental illness takes resilience, strength, and willpower. So, if someone battling or have survived from cancer are heroes, then why not someone recovered from mental illness too be considered heroes?
The below infographic shows
Some of the Most Common Mental Health Disorders in Men.
Types of Mental Health Disorders in Men:
Depression affects human beings with a wide range of symptoms. These may include the consistent loss of interest and enjoyment, low mood, general sadness, difficulty falling asleep, feelings of guilt or low self-worth, eating pattern changes, exhaustion and a lack of concentration, etc. to name a few.
Imbalance in one of the brain chemicals named ‘Serotonin’ plays a vital role in the rise of depression like disorders.
Depression plays a negative role in disturbing a person’s life. Negative thoughts continue to rise inside the human beings forcing them to attempt suicides as well.
These are commonly diagnosed disorders affecting over 300 million people.
- Physical pain including back pain, joint pain, limb pain, etc.
- Feeling irritable and extremely grouchy.
- Drinking more alcohol than usual situations and giving silly reasons.
- Rapid weight loss or weight gain like imbalances.
- Ignoring or forgetting the daily routines like forgetting to shower, improper brush timings, struggling to get out of the bed in the morning, etc.
- Inability to concentrate and making decisions for a purpose.
- Apologizing for every single thing and rising with a fear of guilt every day.
Depression must be treated on time for avoiding further life consequences.
The following natural therapies are found to be effective in chronic depression like situations:-
- Getting deeper inside a scheduled daily routine.
- Setting up day-to-day goals for yourself helps you get back on track.
- Performing regular exercise for boosting ‘endorphin’ hormones count.
- Eating healthy food on time including omega-3 fatty acid and folic acid eating stuff.
- Taking enough sleep and going to bed on time.
- Performing breath-up exercises including meditation and yoga.
Anxiety-like mental disorder is commonly found in a person affected by depression and vice-versa. The issue arises from a multitude of factors, including brain chemistry, genetics, and life events play a key role in a person’s life.
The issue if diagnosed on time can be cured without any difficulties. The treatment strategies including medication and Psychotherapy play a vital role in helping to control and manage the symptoms of anxiety.
- Excessive worries.
- Feeling agitated
- Restlessness and fatigue.
- Difficulty concentrating.
- Tensed muscles.
- Staying asleep or trouble falling.
- Avoiding social meetings and situations.
- Panic attacks.
- Irrational fears are leading to phobias of various kinds.
Anxiety may create difficulties in living life happily. The issue may lead to life threats if not treated on time.
The following natural ways work positively:-
- Consuming a healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables, high-quality meats, nuts, fish, and whole grains.
- Quitting up smoking to get rid of the anxiety rising factors.
- Consuming probiotics and fermented foods for increased mental health.
- Taking caffeine in limited quantity to limit anxiety disorders.
- Trying regular meditation and practicing yoga like activities.
Finally, consuming a nutrient-rich diet, dropping psychoactive substances and implementing stress-management techniques can all help reduce symptoms of anxiety.