If not controlled, it can inflict huge losses both to humanity and society. Here are a few steps you can take from getting addicted to the internet:
1. Control your impulse of checking your phone frequently
Restrict your impulses by spending quality time with yourself. Reading books, writing poems, self- thoughts or sometimes walking alone can prove effective. It will unlock your mind and will enable you to gain power over your cognitive abilities.
2.Break the shield of isolation
Cut the chord with the ‘virtual world’ by socializing with your close friends and people. Try to seek happiness from real surroundings, social events by establishing real-life human connections. This will make you feel less isolated and lonely.
3. Engage in physical workout and exercise
Instead of sitting in front of the bright screen work out physically. Perspiration and adequate ‘adrenaline rush’ will reduce stress and relax your body. You will discover yourself getting into early night sleep.
4. Courage to accept yourself
You need to have the courage to accept that you are suffering from internet addiction. If you don’t have the urge to control yourself from using internet then every attempt stands futile.
You May Also Like:
- 9 Surprising Benefits Of Bad Habits: The Lazy Person’s Guide
- How Did Facebook Go From Fun to Being a Toxic Place to Socialize!
- How To Be Yourself, Find Your Tribe And Let Go Of Social Anxiety
- How Depression and Addiction Can Be Correlated