When talking about the G.O.A.T basketball player, here are Michael Jordan quotes that boost your confidence and are ingredients for guaranteed success.
The 58-year-old icon was born on February 17, 1963, in Brooklyn, New York. Over the years, he has earned many titles and recognitions and is widely accepted as the greatest basketball player of all time.
Basketball legend; Michael Jordan didn’t just win six NBA championships in his pro career, but he has also had a lot to say about success, failure and not giving up during his time at the top.
And coming from a legend like him, his advice is definitely worth sharing. Take a look at some of the best Michael Jordan quotes and sayings about winning in life.
35+ Famous Michael Jordan Quotes And Sayings
Are you a true basketball fan? Then take a look at these quotes by Michael Jordan – the legend of basketball!
Best Michael Jordan Quotes About Life
1.“If you do the work you get rewarded. There are no shortcuts in life.”
2. “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.”
3. “Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.”
4. “Learning’s a gift, even when pain is your teacher.”
5. “Heart is what separates the good from the great.”
6. “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.”
7. “The best comes from the worst.”
8. “You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.”
9. “If it turns out that my best wasn’t good enough, at least I won’t look back and say I was afraid to try.”
10. “If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.”
11. “My father used to say that it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said you never know what you can accomplish until you try.”
12. “Enjoy every minute of life. Never second-guess life.”
13. “I want to wake up every day and do whatever comes to my mind, and not feel pressure or obligations to do anything else in my life.”
14. “There is no ‘I’ in ‘Team’ but there is in ‘Win.’”
Inspirational Michael Jordan Quotes About Success
15. “The key to success is failure.”
16. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.”
17. “Everybody has talent, but ability takes hard work.”
18. “To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don’t isolate.”
19. “To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail.”
20. “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.”
21. “Failure is acceptable. but not trying is a whole different ballpark.”
22. “I know fear is an obstacle for some people, but it is an illusion to me. Failure always made me try harder the next time.”
23. “I realized that if I was going to achieve anything in life I had to be aggressive. I had to get out there and go for it.”
24. “You have competition every day because you set such high standards for yourself that you have to go out every day and live up to that.”
25. “You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.”
26. “I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot. When you think about the consequences, you will always think of the negative result.”
Motivational Michael Jordan Quotes About Not Giving Up
27. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”
28. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.”
29. “My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.”
30. “If you quit once it becomes a habit. Never quit!”
31. “Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.”
32. “My body could stand the crutches but my mind couldn’t stand the sideline.”
33. I’ve never been afraid to fail.
34. “Failure makes me work even harder.”
35. “I don’t do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results.”
36. “Sometimes, things may not go your way, but the effort should be there every single night.”
37. “I’ve never lost a game, I just ran out of time.”
We hope that these Michael Jordan quotes turn out to be massive secrets of success for you to do better in life!