The world is very mysterious! No matter how much you stay tuned with latest updates and boost your general knowledge, there are some amazing facts that you are unaware of. And once you take a deep dive you will realise that truth is stranger than fiction.
This post shares interesting information and secrets related to human beings, plants, animals that will surely blow your mind.
Here are 75 of the most amazing facts:
1. Your shoes are the first thing people subconsciously notice about you. Wear nice shoes.
2. If you sit for more than 11 hours a day, there’s a 50% chance you’ll die within the next 3 years.
3. There are at least 6 people in the world who look exactly like you. There’s a 9% chance that you’ll meet one of them in your lifetime.
4. Sleeping without a pillow reduces back pain and keeps your spine stronger.
5. A person’s height is determined by their father, and their weight is determined by their mother.
6. If a part of your body “falls asleep”, you can almost always “wake it up” by shaking your head.
7. There are three things the human brain cannot resist noticing – Food, attractive people and danger.
8. Right-handed people tend to chew food on their right side.
9. Putting dry tea bags in gym bags or smelly shoes will absorb the unpleasant odor.
10. According to Albert Einstein, if honey bees were to disappear from the earth, humans would be dead within 4 years.
11. There are so many kinds of apples, that if you ate a new one every day, it would take over 20 years to try them all.
12. You can survive without eating for weeks, but you will only live 11 days without sleeping.
13. People who laugh a lot are healthier than those who don’t.
14. Laziness and inactivity kills just as many people as smoking.
15. A human brain has a capacity to store 5 times as much information as Wikipedia.
16. Our brain uses the same amount of power as a 10-watt light bulb!!
17. Our body gives enough heat in 30 mins to boil 1.5 liters of water!!
18. The Ovum egg is the largest cell and the sperm is the smallest cell !!
19. Stomach acid (conc. HCl) is strong enough to dissolve razor blades!!
20. SMILE. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
21. Humans are the only animals that enjoy spicy foods.
22. Humans are the only animals that enjoy spicy foods.
23. Potato chips cause more weight gain than any other food.
24. Bananas can’t reproduce.
25. It’s impossible to hum while you hold your nose.
26. The least interesting day in history was April 11, 1954.
27. Aldous Huxley and C.S. Lewis died on the same day as President John F. Kennedy.
28. Bigger forks lead you to eat less.
29. Cell phones are full of bacteria.
30. Chewing gum after a meal reduces heartburn.
31. Dogs can smell cancer.
32. Bees can detect bombs.
33. Boyfriends do more housework than husbands.
34. The world’s biggest tire producer is LEGO.
35. The longest word you can type with just your left hand is “Sweaterdresses”.
36. A Mid-day nap could save you from heart attack.
37. You fall asleep faster and deeper on a hammock than a bed.
38. Newborns don’t shed tears until they are one to three months old.
39. Most Canadians live in south of Seattle.
40. There is a species of jellyfish (Turritopsis dohrnii jellyfish) that is immortal.
41. Nauru is the only country in the world without an official capital city.
42. Prince Charles has a car fueled by wine.
43. In Mexico, escaping from prison isn’t considered to be a crime.
44. A day on Earth will be 25 hours long in about 175 million years.
45. One of the most painful stings known to mankind is from the platypus.
46. If you’re shot by a sniper, you’ll be dead before you hear the gun.
47. The city of London – one of the largest metropolises in the world- only has a population of 9,000.
48. There are more trees (3 trillion) on Earth than stars (300 to 400 billion) in the Milky Way.
49. Polar Bears aren’t white, they’re just glowing because of a reaction called luminescence.
50. Alaska is both the western- and easternmost state in the United States.
51. Shaking ketchup makes it 1,000 times thinner.
52. There are no lakes in Maryland.
53. Sesame seeds were once worth more than gold.
54. The largest desert in the world is covered in snow.
55. The longest work of English literature ever written by one person is a Super Mario Bros. fan fiction.
56. The fastest object ever made by man was a manhole cover.
57. Graham’s number is a number so large that a digital representation of it cannot be contained in the observable universe.
58. Every 2 minutes people take more photos than were taken in the entire 19th century.
59. About 1 percent of people alive today are descended from Ghengis Khan.
60. Humans and giraffes have the same number of neck bones.
61. Vincent Van Gogh – the most recognized painters of all time, – only sold one painting in his lifetime.
62. Two out of every three emails sent is spam.
63. If there are 23 people in a room, there is a 50 percent chance two of them share a birthday.
64. Falling coconuts kill more people than sharks.
65. The national animal of Scotland is a unicorn.
67. The most-highlighted book on Amazon is a self-help book.
68. Tom and Jerry were originally named Jasper and Jinx.
69. Black apples also known as Black Diamond apples, exist.
70. The longest bicycle in the world is over 135 feet long.
71. If you folded a piece of paper 42 times, it would be thick enough to reach the moon.
72. The world’s most expensive hot dog costs $169.
73. 1816 was known as “the year without a summer.”
74. The human nose can detect more than 1 trillion smells.
75. Your mouth produces about one liter of saliva a day.
Did you enjoy reading these amazing facts?