Knowing how to include fun and interesting facts about yourself in conversations has become an important people skill. Hence, preparing a “fun facts about me” list will prove helpful in making a striking impression in many key situations.
Being funny means coming up with something clever and surprising about yourself in 1 second flat! That’s quite a bit of pressure for most of us. Being funny comes naturally only to a handful of people. They are great at producing interesting tidbits of information about themselves on the spot.
Most of us end up looking awkward in situations that demand we reveal our witty sides within seconds. These people (me included) should know that the art of being cool and interesting can be learned. If we prepare ourselves beforehand, we can effortlessly display our fun side, and look natural while doing it, be it in an interview, or a date with a favorite person.
The surprising truth about fun facts is that they don’t have to be funny to work for you! They just need to be interesting. Although, you don’t want it to be so thought-provoking that people come up with many follow-up questions. Neither do you want it to be so common that people ask you to repeat it, hoping they’ll find it interesting the second time!
With the help of the tips given below, you can be more witty and fun in all kinds of communications, starting from day to day conversations to professional discussions.
Some Situations Where a Good Fun Fact Proves Helpful
Conversation starter with new people:
Fun facts serve as ice-breakers when interacting with new people. As you seek out new friends at university, work, or a party, you can reveal some unique facts about yourself and instantly become more likable and friendly.
Making a speech about yourself more appealing:
Something fun about you can be a very good speech opener that will automatically make you more interesting in the eyes of your audience.
Making your dating life more exciting:
Imagine going on a date with someone you’ve been meaning to impress for a while, and coming across as a nice, but a somewhat boring person. To avoid such a fate, it might be helpful to have some interesting facts about yourself at your fingertips, which when incorporated in the conversation will make your personality more exciting to your date.
Impressing interviewers for a new job:
As if showcasing your experience and knowledge in a composed manner wasn’t difficult enough! Notwithstanding, interviewers are fond of puzzling candidates by asking them to share interesting facts about themselves.
In situations like these, a “fun facts about me” list comes handy. Below are some ideas to help you appear more interesting in moments that are important to you.
20 Interesting Ideas for Fun Facts About Me
1. Talk about some unusual accomplishments that you have made in your life. For example, it can an uncommon cuisine that you take pride in cooking as perfectly as professionals.
2. A hobby you’re extremely passionate about and would not give up, no matter how demanding other responsibilities in life are.
3. Your hobby of collecting vintage items like old coins or stamps. Others are sure to enjoy knowing about your prized collection.
4. Mention a fun movie you have watched several times, but don’t mind rewatching again.
5. You can reveal your biggest fear in life, but make it sound casual. Serious subjects like the fear of failure and death are best avoided when you’re trying to sound fun.
6. You can mention a personality trait that you admire in others. This tip can work for you when you are out on a date with someone.