48 Interesting Deep Conversation Starter Topics and Questions to ask to Know someone better
Just when we think we know a person, we are surprised with more revealing facts as we explore deeper.
Human personality operates on a very wide spectrum. We all have a lot of layers to our personality.
We have to dive deep and uncover the layers of their personality to reach to their core, to know him/her.
But in today’s fast paced digital life, we mostly end up having surface level communication that doesn’t go beyond surface level conversations like what’s up. Therefore most of our friendships and acquaintances are operating on a very superficial level.
We are perpetually faced with a paradox. We have a staggering number of friends and followers online but very few deep, authentic, intimate and fulfilling relationships in real life.
If we want to do away with this paradox, we will have to make the time and effort to get to know someone on a deeper level that go beyond the surface.
This definitely cannot be attained by using surface level conversations about the weather or latest fashion trends.
So here’s, a list of interesting conversation starters are compiled which can help you forge deeper and intimate connections with someone.
1. TOPIC – Metaphysics
Some of the most interesting questions that can take you beyond the surface level conversation and open up your horizon to the whole wide mysterious universe out there fall under the category of Metaphysics.
The term Metaphysics is a combination of two words “Meta”+ “Physics”. Here, Meta means over and beyond. So, the term implies over and beyond physics.
Metaphysics is the branch of philosophy that is concerned with understanding the essence and fundamental nature of things and principles that organize the universe.
It is concerned with questions like “What is the nature of reality?”
It comprises of all things abstract and intriguing like questions about life and death, parallel universes, alternate reality, time and space etc.
Here are few sample Metaphysics questions that you can try on to get started:
- Are you the same person you were yesterday?
- What is your notion of time? Are we affected by it, or does our consciousness create it?
- Do you believe in other dimensions or parallel universes?
- Where do we come from and what happens to us after physical death?
- Are there an infinite number of realities beyond our own where each possible decision taken is a different fork in the road traveled down?
- Do you believe in Déjà vu or synchronicity? Have you ever experienced it?
- Do you think that our mind just observes reality or can mind also alter reality?
- Do you think we create our own destiny or are we governed by fate?
- Do you believe in Out of Body or Near Death experience? Have you ever experienced anything like this?
The second categories of questions that can help you understand someone on a deeper level fall under the bracket of Love and romantic relationships.
2. Topic – Love
Love is the most sought after and yet most elusive human emotion.