According to the American Veterinary Medical Association, about 25 percent of U.S. households have these cute, furry felines as live-in friends. Yes, they are not easy to get along with, but you cannot have them in another way. Nevertheless, you love them.
But whether you are a cat lover or a new cat owner, it goes without saying that you are aware of the fact that they are different and quite frankly, because of this you are such an Ailurophiliac. Now, what’s best to celebrate the glory of our fur babies than quotes about them. Here, we pulled together some cat quotes by famous people that capture the loving, complicated relationship that a person has with their purrfect feline.
Contrary to what many dog people believe, cats are just as loyal, playful, and fun as any dog. They are cute, adorable, but they are also quite independent and curious creatures. Being a dog lover myself, I am not going into the rope-pulling between these two four-legged cuties. Both dogs and cats are awesome in their own world.
The Egyptians believed that the powers of a living cat could protect them from all evil also Europeans, in many country areas, thought that cats were essential to a good harvest, These tales may be true or not but there are some facts about cats that absolutely make them irresistible. In other words, these are some of the many perks of having a cat –
- They are the epitome of cuteness.
- Cats are fun, loyal, and loving.
- They are quiet and perfectly content indoors.
- Cats clean themselves.
- They don’t need too much of your attention.
- When they’re being antisocial and don’t want your attention, it sort of just makes you crave their attention more.
- They are photogenic.
While having a cat can mean different things to different people, however famous people shared their reasons why life is so much brighter when we have cats. Their unique personalities and behaviors inspired us to collect a list of our favorite cat quotes from funny to inspirational.
Here are some of the best cat quotes of all time about our furry friends.
1. “The only thing a cat worries about is what’s happening right now.”
– Lloyd Alexander
2. “The problem with cats is that they get the same exact look whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer.”
– Paula Poundstone
3. “A cat will do what it wants when it wants, and there’s not a thing you can do about it.”–Frank Perkins
4. “Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a purpose.”
– Garrison Keillor
5. “It is impossible to keep a straight face in the presence of one or more kittens.”
– Cynthia E. Varnado
6. “In nine lifetimes, you’ll never know as much about your cat as your cat knows about you.”
– Michel de Montaigne
7. “In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
– Terry Pratchett
8. “A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.”
– Ernest Hemingway
9. “It is impossible for a lover of cats to banish these alert, gentle, and discriminating friends, who give us just enough of their regard and complaisance to make us hunger for more.”
– Agnes Repplier
10. “Curiosity killed the cat, but where human beings are concerned, the only thing a healthy curiosity can kill is ignorance”.
– Harry Lorayne
11. “I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul.”
– Jean Cocteau
12. “A kitten is the delight of a household. All-day long a comedy is played out by an incomparable actor.”