It’s the human nature to fall for sweet talks. We are often deceived by the bunch of people who come to us with sugar coated words and honey dripping out of their sentences. These friends however, don’t want any good for us and you can never trust them. On the other hand, blunt people are often avoided when it comes to selecting a friend because let’s get serious, no one likes to listen straight talks and break the goodie image that we have of ourselves in our head.
A blunt friend makes for a real good friend that can be explained in seven points –
- They Have an Honest Opinion – They know that truth is going to hurt but they are the kind of people who will speak it on your face anyway. And think about it, an honest opinion helps you in a long run, no matter how far you run away from it. It helps you in your near future and there is not a better person than a blunt friend to tell you about your shortcomings on your face.
- They Are Very Open about Sharing Their Thoughts – A blunt person always believes in things that are either right or wrong. There is no in between, if they believe that they are correct then they’ll let you know and if something is wrong then they won’t hesitate from sharing their thoughts.
- They are Fun to be With – A blunt person’s honesty may not be the funniest thing to experience in your daily life but time spent with them is unforgettable. They are the kind of person who can tell you what exactly wrong is with your friend in a manner that you won’t stop from laughing your guts out. They are also the best drinking buddies.
- They Do not talk Behind your Back – A blunt person is someone who speaks their mind and heart out. If you are friends with a blunt person then stay assured that your shortcomings will be told on your face instead of shit talking behind your back. People who talk all sweet also have a habit of bitching about you when you are not around. Having a straight forward person, saves you from this risk.
- You’ll enjoy the Purest Version of Friendship – They might not be the epitome of perfection and their nature and persona might not be how society perceives the people. But then, being friends with a blunt person gives you the feeling of having a true friend in every sense, who else will have the most honest opinions of you and who else will believe in what you can do and what is stopping you from achieving that. No friend will walk in front of you asking WTF is that shirt, it totally doesn’t go on you.
- They Know How to Start a Conversation – Always trust on a blunt person to break the ice and start the conversation. All they need to give you an honest opinion and the conversation gets going. They know when and how to point at the elephant in the room and let everyone know about it.
- And Their Friendship is Legit – And when you know that you are with someone honest, has no hidden agenda behind their friendship then you know that this is the most legit form of friendship that you are ever going to experience.
So next time, when you have to select between a rude, honest friend and someone with honey coated sugar dripping words, you know who to choose and go have a few bottles of beer with.