Do you know or understand the various and sometimes, innumerable everyday struggles that highly intuitive people deal with every day?
To be intuitive is to be self-aware. To be self-aware is to be able to grasp the immaterial parts of yourself that exist within the physical doing and being.
The benefits to this kind of understanding are obviously endless, but seldom discussed are all the challenges that come with being very attuned to your intuitive, inner ‘knowing.’
To speak to it and more, here, all the things highly intuitive people have to deal with every day:
1. You always know when someone is bullshitting you, even when you aren’t able to say anything about it.
For the sake of maintaining your family structures or keeping your jobs, you can’t always call people out on their absolute lack of awareness, and that becomes really frustrating when you see them being tripped up by the lack of insight that they’re close to having.
2. It can be hard to tell the difference between an intuitive feeling and just… a feeling.
You know that if you treated every passing feeling like an intuitive nudge you’d probably have lost your damn mind by now, so you have to be discerning about what’s a ‘gut feeling’ and what isn’t.
Want to know more about the everyday struggles of highly intuitive people? Read 10 Things Highly Intuitive People Do Differently
3. It’s hard to convince someone of something just because you ‘know,’ and harder to not say “I told you so” when you’re right.
There’s nothing more frustrating than knowing a ‘feeling’ isn’t a compelling argument… except after you were right about said ‘feeling’ and the person you were trying to convince would have saved themselves some trouble had they just trusted you a little.
4. You only want to do what’s ‘right,’ but figuring out what’s ‘right’ is basically your #1 life struggle.
You know what it’s like to be able to discern what’s “right” (most positive, most helpful, most beneficial, etc.) in any given moment, and the gratification you get from acting on that inherent knowing. Unfortunately, this can also leave you susceptible to only wanting to act on what’s best, when figuring that out is sometimes a process of trial and error.
5. It’s hard to play dumb when you know people are being dishonest or disingenuous with you.
And if you’re being honest, sometimes it hurts to be able to tell someone finds you annoying or wishes you weren’t around as much. It’s probably the biggest downside of being hyper-sensitive to what’s around you, but also probably saves you from spending time with the wrong people.
Interested to know why highly intuitive people are extra sensitive towards energy? Read 8 Signs You’re A Highly Intuitive Empath Sensitive To Energy
6. You can be very indecisive, as they say: the clearer the choice, the louder the cry to try and choose otherwise.
Intuitive people can be extremely indecisive and confused. Even if the perfect choice is right in front of them, they tend to overthink about it more. They might be following their intuition and gut instinct, but they will want more proof to actually go ahead with.
7. We live in a world that values thinking over sensing, yet our subconscious minds are much more powerful than our conscious ones.
And that’s exactly what you’re tapping into when you have that “intuitive feeling” – your subconscious intelligence. A major reason people doubt themselves is because this typically isn’t seen as valid as conscious choice-making, though we already know the opposite is true.
8. You rarely realize that not only can you intuit ‘truths’ but also ‘possibilities’ (hence being prone to intense anxiety).
There are usually multiple potential outcomes to any given situation, and the more you are conscious of one, the more you are conscious of the (less likely, more unfortunate) others.