All magical, occult and religious orders have defined several and sometimes peculiar levels of power, consciousness, and wisdom through which one can evolve.
The Levels of Spirituality and Magical Awareness are important for the initiate, in order to ‘check’ his/her power and receive the proper teachings to move on further.
Moreover, Spirituality is not a stable state. It’s actually a continuous journey, which like a rollercoaster, has its ups and downs.
Spirituality Status: a moving Target
Even Hermits and those who devote their lives solely to the evolution of their Spiritual Awareness may go back and forth several times during their lifespan.
Levels of Spirituality define your magical potency. How capable are you to cast spells? Moreover, are you spell effectively? Can you bend reality?
Levels of Spirituality
Please note that this is not a race. Although higher levels might seem extremely appealing, sometimes the Awakening can be messy. With Great Power, comes Great Responsibility. However, it’s very important to know where you are right now. It gives you the strength to move on.
Spirituality, is a beacon of divine light, guiding us through the tough times of our lives, motivating us to keep on.
1. Mundane Level
This is the first state where spirituality is actually idle, waiting for the right chance to show its power. Most people spend their lives on this level wondering if there is life after death if angels exist if ghosts are real. However, all people have the chance to move on and there is always – at least – one major event which acts as an awakening call.
No matter the levels of Spirituality, magic is always one breath away.
2. Neophyte Level
This is probably the most important of the Levels of Spirituality and is actually portrayed in the Tarot Deck, as the Fool.
It’s this amazing moment where we actually get a glimpse of Real Magic – FOR THE FIRST TIME. Probably we are going through a rough period (anxiety, breakup, depression, serious illness or disappointments) but thankfully a ‘divine intervention’ out of nowhere helps us perceive the greater truth. This may shock us or make us wonder what has just happened.
Although the greatness of the Unseen World has yet to be revealed, something inside of us pushes us to learn more. The Divine seed is fertilized and now something amazing is growing inside of us.
- Events: A near-death experience, a strange prophetic dream, an Out-of-body experience or any type of strong magical awakening.
- Traps: Fear or doubt that this actually happened.
- What others see: We are shocked/amazed by our Awakening.
3. Adept Level
This level of spirituality is actually portrayed in the Tarot Deck, as the Magician. Although doubt may still be present, your awakening has made you realize the importance of Nature, Life, Emotions, and Passions. You start to care more about others and Nature. Empathy grows inside you.
You are under the grasp of the Magical Energy which flows around. Slowly but steadily, your awareness of the Elements of Nature expands.
However, your old life is still present trying to drag you down to the mundane level. You may try to speak ‘about this stuff’ with friends of yours, but somehow – no matter what they say – they don’t seem to understand the importance of your experiences. Old hobbies and habits don’t seem to interest you that much anymore. You need to change!
- Events: You begin to understand the patterns of the Spiritual World. Minor awakenings, prophetic dreams, repeating numbers appearing constantly.
- Traps: Giving in to society’s NO MAGIC policy. Permitting to be affected by your friends’ opinions about your experiences.
- What others see: We are distracted from our chores and daily schedule.
4. Apprentice Level
Finally, we realize that what others think plays no role in what is true for us. This level is actually portrayed in the Tarot Deck, as the High Priestess. We no longer feel the need to be approved by others.
We have learned from our experiences and we are now ready to move one further. Moreover, we are actually aware of the energy that flows around and we can successfully predict future events through esoteric practices.
Furthermore, we begin to see differently what we thought was ‘real’ and ‘precious’ in our lives. Premonitions and synchronicities kick in. We know we are on the right track.
- Events: The ‘random repeating numbers’ now become strong synchronicities and prophetic visions on demand. Intuitive powers grow inside you acting like x-rays – checking the people you know – in other words, you Just Know When Someone is Telling you the Truth! Empathy is now used by you to understand others better.
- Traps: Isolating yourself from the outside World or desperately looking for ‘teachers’ to ask for help.
- What others see: We may be close to getting fired from work or losing our friends who no longer have our attention. Our job is essential. Make a better schedule.
5. Seeker Level
Knowing ‘the truth’ about the world makes you understand how little you actually know! This pushes you to get new books and equipment and embark on your amazing journey in the World of Witchcraft. Spells become more effective and your powers are growing further, which may attract some attention (!).
This is the first state you actually begin to feel independent from the darkness and pain of the mundane world. Furthermore, you actually find others who seem to have similar experiences.
- Events: Your energy is radiating all over your aura. This is detectable by ‘sensitive’ people. Magical entities are attracted by your aura trying to establish contact. Spirits may be manifested giving you signs all the time. Entities from other Realms come to meet you. Your spells are extremely effective and you can also affect the Elements of Nature and talk to the Animals and Trees.
- Traps: Misusing your new powers. Trusting the wrong magical entities. Messing with Karma.
- What others see: They see a new person, glowing with an unexplained light of positivity, awareness, and satisfaction. Material belongings are good but spiritual experiences become more important.