That makes it very difficult for you to ever believe a compliment deep down, or to ever believe that wonderful, healthy, loving, approving person, free of Hijackal games, actually loves you.
So many of my clients have confessed that they actually looked for somewhat nasty people. They are whom they believe they deserve. IT’S NOT TRUE!
Does this help you make sense of those deep-down feelings, the ones undermining your self-esteem, self-concept, and self-confidence? Those will also be the ones that damage your relationships with yourself and others.
A Hijackal parent did that to you. It’s not your fault. And, it’s not true. Learn how to replace these underlying beliefs. They are sabotaging you and your relationships. Be free to live an authentic, empowered life now.
Hijackals® is my term for the difficult, disturbing, toxic people in life, which includes narcissists, borderlines, avoidant personality disorders (like psychopath and sociopath) and histrionics.
Written by Rhoberta Shaler, PhD
© Rhoberta Shaler, PhD If you would like more help from Dr. Shaler, subscribe to her weekly Tips for Relationships, and listen to her Relationship Help Show every Wednesday at 11 am Pacific. She’s here to help you with small group consulting and private sessions. Start with a free consult. Talk soon!
You may also like:
- THE NARCISSISTIC PARENT
- Six Kinds of Emotional Abuse by Narcissistic Parents
- How Children Of Obsessed Parents End Up Feeling Lost and Empty
- Daughters Of Narcissist Mothers
- Emotionally Immature Parents and how they affect you as a child and your adult relationships
- The 5 Child Roles In Dysfunctional Families
- Having Trouble Co-Parenting with Your Difficult Ex? Things To Know