Most of us take messiness and staying up late as signs of failure and bad manners. A lot of people also swear a lot and that can hamper social relationships.
Although considered as unhealthy, most of these character traits can actually reveal the true talent of an individual, or so the research proves.
1) Staying up Late
- In an article written in Psychology Today, humans, it is believed, have the ability to hold back their biological clock and alter the rhythms accordingly. This is called as the Circadian rhythm and it advises you on when to go to sleep and when to wake up. This actually emphasizes the fact that people can choose from being night owls or morning people depending on the circumstances.
- In a similar article, it was claimed that intelligent children are more nocturnal and less orderly. So staying up late may be bad for your heart but good for your social intelligence!
- In “Study Magazine,” Satoshi Kanazawa, a psychologist at the London School Of Economics And Political Science, reported that IQ average and sleeping patterns are most definitely related, proving that those who play under the moon are, indeed, more intelligent human beings.
- Bedtimes and wake-up times for Americans in their 20s by IQ.Very Dull (IQ < 75)
Weekday: 11:41 pm -7:20 am
Weekend: 12:35 am -10:09 pm
Normal (90 < IQ < 110)
Weekday: 12:10 am -7:32 am
Weekend: 1:13 am -10:14 am
Very Bright (IQ > 125)
Weekday: 12:29 am -7:52 am
Weekend: 1:44 am -11:07 am
- Those with IQs less than 75 went to bed by 11:30 pm on weeknights in early adulthood, whereas those with IQs over 125 went to bed around after 12:30 am. This is no coincidence.
- The data supports the notion that all night owls feel: the only real time for living is after everyone’s gone to bed.
2) Swearing A Lot
Another study published in Huffington Post proves that people who swear have a vaster vocabulary.
Participants in the age group of 18- 22 years were asked to name taboo words with limited time and were asked to name animals the similar way.
The results showed that the ones that swore more had a better vocabulary.
It was also seen that the effect of swearing can relieve pain and stress that is both mental and physical.
3) Unorganized and Messy Living
- A psychologist at the University of Minnesota found that people had messy rooms and have creative thoughts. Creative thoughts don’t necessarily mean you become a word nerd, but meant you could think out of the box! Thinking unconventionally may mean a lot of things to different people at different times. Einstein also suggested that a cluttered desk can be a sign of cluttered mind so what does an empty desk mean?
- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich had commented, “Well-behaved women seldom make history!” The fact remains that this can be extended to men as well. New studies show that messy people are intelligent. It, therefore, can be safely said; a well-behaved person may hold a good reputation in public but may not be able to tide over inimical situations well!
- Psychologist Kathleen Vohs says: ‘Disorderly environments seem to inspire breaking free of tradition, which can produce fresh insights’
- Disorganized spaces are seen as creative fuel and a greater ability to focus on highly intelligent types (most famously: Albert Einstein who was well-known to be messy).
Related Video – 10 Unexpected Signs That You Might Be a Genius And Not Know it
Become a Contributor at The Minds Journal
You May Also Like
- 10 Simple Things You Can Do Today That Will Make You Happier (Backed By Science)
- 7 Surprising Ways People Are Often Judgmental When They First Meet You (According To Science)
- Science Confirms That People Absorb Energy From Others
- Bald Is the New sexy (according to Science)