When I first started developing my gifts, it was because I was told by Spirit through another intuitive, a medium who happened to be my sister, that I had the gift to heal others. I was told that this was the familial, ancestral gift of shamanism that had been passed down to me.
It’s tough to say what would or could have happened if I had not received this information at the exact time that I did, but one thing is certain, the gift was already present and evident through many signals and clues existent in my life.
If you’re a healer, chances are there are signs, signals, and cues all around you. the key is knowing where to look.
You don’t need to know a medium or see an intuitive reader of any kind to know that you have a healing gift.
All you need to do is look at your own life.
I’ve compiled a list of 29 signs that you have a healing gift. Some may surprise you.
29 signs that you’re a healer
- You feel extreme empathy, often feeling emotions and experiences as physical sensations of pain and hurt
- You’re often told it’s soothing to be around you
- Those around you rarely get sick
- You have now or have ever been diagnosed with anxiety or panic disorders
- You have now or have ever been diagnosed with any mood disorder
- You think of solutions for others to make their lives better
- You have a strong desire to help others, even at a loss of your own resources or needs
- You’re already in a traditional healing field – medical workers, massage therapists, chiropractors, guidance counselors, physical therapists, veterinarians or vet techs, and more.
- You have a history of healers in your family. Your parents, siblings, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. are or were engaged in healing based professions – medical, touch, spoken, or otherwise.
- You frequently experience heightened awareness in public places – difficulty breathing or nervous butterflies
- You walk into a room and can immediately tell if there’s been a fight or a disagreement before you arrived
- You’re the person people turn to for comfort, problem solving, and kind words during difficult times. . . and you always help
- You find yourself feeling like problems of others are dumped on you for fixing.
- You’re frequently drained at the end of the day, especially on days involving large amounts of social interacting
- You’ve noticed that you have special touch with animals
- Small children and animals are often drawn to you, even when they’re shy around others
- Complete strangers spill their life stories to you without asking
- People ask you for back and shoulder rubs, or back scratches and you’re known for being good at them
- You like to ensure people feel comfortable when they’re visiting your home or space
- You often feel overwhelmed with the amount of things you’ve agreed to help others with
- You regularly experience shoulder and neck pain
- Your friends and coworkers often come to you for your trusted opinion on potential romantic prospects or new job hires
- Your preferred method of exercise is based in the outdoors – going on a walk, a jog, or doing yoga in nature while breathing fresh air is both stimulating and relaxing to you
- You have an interest in Spiritual based healing methods – energy healing, reiki, shamanism, or otherwise
- Your hands and palms often feel tingly – pins and needles, buzzing, throbbing, vibrating, or pulsating
- You’re attracted to crystals for their beauty and potential healing properties.
- You seek natural based healing methods, as alternatives to westernized medicine
- You experience frequent headaches or digestive issues
- You’re reading this list right now
Take some time to look through the list.