Signs You’re a Healer
When I first started developing my gifts, it was because I was told by Spirit through another intuitive, a medium who happened to be my sister, that I had the gift to heal others. I was told that this was the familial, ancestral gift of shamanism that had been passed down to me.
It’s tough to say what would or could have happened if I had not received this information at the exact time that I did, but one thing is certain, the gift was already present and evident through many signals and clues existent in my life.
If you’re a healer, chances are there are signs, signals, and cues all around you. the key is knowing where to look.
You don’t need to know a medium or see an intuitive reader of any kind know that you have a healing gift.
All you need to do is look at your own life.
I’ve compiled a list of 29 signs that you have a healing gift. Some may surprise you.
29 signs that you’re a healer
1. You feel extreme empathy, often feeling emotions and experiences as physical sensations of pain and hurt
2. You’re often told it’s soothing to be around you
3. Those around you rarely get sick
4. You have now or have ever been diagnosed with anxiety or panic disorders
5. You have now or have ever been diagnosed with any mood disorder
6. You think of solutions for others to make their lives better
7. You have a strong desire to help others, even at a loss of your own resources or needs
8. You’re already in a traditional healing field – medical workers, massage therapists, chiropractors, guidance counselors, physical therapists, veterinarians or vet techs, and more.
9. You have a history of healers in your family. Your parents, siblings, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. are or were engaged in healing based professions – medical, touch, spoken, or otherwise.
10. You frequently experience heightened awareness in public places – difficulty breathing or nervous butterflies
11. You walk into a room and can immediately tell if there’s been a fight or a disagreement before you arrived
12. You’re the person people turn to for comfort, problem-solving, and kind words during difficult times. . . and you always help
13. You find yourself feeling like problems of others are dumped on you for fixing.
14. You’re frequently drained at the end of the day, especially on days involving large amounts of social interacting
15. You’ve noticed that you have a special touch with animals
16. Small children and animals are often drawn to you, even when they’re shy around others
17. Complete strangers spill their life stories to you without asking
18. People ask you for back and shoulder rubs, or back scratches and you’re known for being good at them
19. You like to ensure people feel comfortable when they’re visiting your home or space
20. You often feel overwhelmed with the number of things you’ve agreed to help others with
21. You regularly experience shoulder and neck pain
22. Your friends and coworkers often come to you for your trusted opinion on potential romantic prospects or new job hires
23. Your preferred method of exercise is based in the outdoors – going on a walk, a jog, or doing yoga in nature while breathing fresh air is both stimulating and relaxing to you
24. You have an interest in Spiritual based healing methods – energy healing, reiki, shamanism, or otherwise
25. Your hands and palms often feel tingly – pins and needles, buzzing, throbbing, vibrating, or pulsating
26. You’re attracted to crystals for their beauty and potential healing properties.
27. You seek natural based healing methods, as alternatives to westernized medicine
28. You experience frequent headaches or digestive issues
29. You’re reading this list right now
Take some time to look through the list.
How many are you able to check off?
What you do with this information is entirely your choice. You may choose to use it to pursue a healing based career, to develop your abilities to heal yourself and others, as a validation to know that what you’re experiencing is something special, or a combination of all of the above.
Written by Sarah Petruno, Shamana